Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Travel/Lodging for IM Canada 2006?
Quote | Reply
Two questions:

#1: Places to stay. Looks like Dad(me) will be going solo to this one(kids start school that week!!). Looking for a decent accomodation near the start.

#2: In 1991 I flew into Spokane and drove up. Is that the best way to do things?? I will be coming in from the East coast(Virginia)...probably out of Dulles/Greensboro/??

Thanks,
HC

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Re: Travel/Lodging for IM Canada 2006? [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I waited until I got back from IMH to look & couldn't find any lodging myself so I went to the travel people on the IMC website which I hate to do as they overpirce and make ridicoulous demand to prepay with lost of money etc. They said all the lodging is sold out. Nearest they had without even a refrifg was in Apex ski area about 45 min away. They will put you on a wait list for May after they get cancellations once people pay in full.

I done the race 5x and used to alwasy stay just across from the lake but thoses days are gone it seems more than a yr in advance

I contacted the Summerland Motel (an easy 14k N of Penticton, 10 min) and got a place with a microwave refrig etc for quite reasonable. THE SUMMERLAND MOTEL
2107 Tait Street, Summerland, B.C. V0H 1Z4
Tel. 250-494-4444 or Toll Free 1-877-245-4406. Fax 250-494-4448
Email: relaxing@vip.net - www.summerlandmotel.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try www.slumberlodge.com It is literally across the street from the swim start. Dont know if they still have room. But they say a few people usually cancel the last minute so u should put ur name down. I flew into Vancouver and drove about 5+ hours up to Penticton. Ive been told the closest airport to fly into is Penticton or Kelowna. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at a place called the Empire Motel when I did the race a number of years ago. I was a couple of hundred yards from Skaha lake and was a great place to stay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about renting a motor home? Might be a nice alternative to hassling with multiple wait lists and pre pay five night minimum non refundables. Where to park might be an issue.
Quote Reply