Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Just noticed that registration for AZ 70.3 is "suspended"
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Just noticed that registration for AZ 70.3 is "suspended" [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh oh. That's same venue and only a month before the full IMAZ.
Quote Reply
Re: Just noticed that registration for AZ 70.3 is "suspended" [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clicking on Register shows this:
Please bear with us as we work with the City of Tempe to secure a new date for the 2017 IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona. We plan on re-opening registration as soon as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea what the cause of this might be, but I noticed the Lifetime Tempe Tri usually scheduled for mid September is not on the calendar either.
Quote Reply
Re: Just noticed that registration for AZ 70.3 is "suspended" [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I am hearing, there may be a lot more events shutting down in 2017. Lots of folks lost money in 2016 that do not talk about it.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Just noticed that registration for AZ 70.3 is "suspended" [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
From what I am hearing, there may be a lot more events shutting down in 2017. Lots of folks lost money in 2016 that do not talk about it.

Deets??? I find it unlikely that this race would be one of those.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Just noticed that registration for AZ 70.3 is "suspended" [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is probably referring to Lifetime. WTC would have to be pretty dumb to not turn a profit on the AZ 70.3, which seemed to have a pretty big turnout this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Just noticed that registration for AZ 70.3 is "suspended" [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Never said a name of a race. But, lots, especially longer ones, are losing money and trying to sell.

I have heard WTC is hurting and has laid some folks off. Anyone know if this is true?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got an email tonight saying the date is now October 22. They give three options

An automatic entry for the new race date in 2017
A transfer to any other open IRONMAN 70.3 race in North America free of charge
A full refund of your entry fee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Didn't this have something to do with building a new arena for the Coyotes? Not familiar with that area, but I read it in another thread.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Just noticed that registration for AZ 70.3 is "suspended" [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Never said a name of a race. But, lots, especially longer ones, are losing money and trying to sell.

I have heard WTC is hurting and has laid some folks off. Anyone know if this is true?

Hmmm.... not a lot of companies that are hurting continue to acquire. Layoffs or reduction in force can happen even in thriving business to drive profits and minimize headcount.
Quote Reply
Re: Just noticed that registration for AZ 70.3 is "suspended" [ralphiex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh. For me, the only weekend that worked was the 15th. I coach high school cross country and the 22nd is our home meet.

This race is no longer an option for me... But IM Lou is!
Quote Reply
Re: Just noticed that registration for AZ 70.3 is "suspended" [ralphiex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
date is now October 22.

Interesting as that is the same date for NC, Miami and NO 70.3's., with Austin the week following (Oct 29th).

What's even more interesting is I can see those 3 70.3's (NO, Miami, NC) cannibalizing from each other.

But pushing the race back as far as possible into October will give Tempe 70.3 a greater chance that the temps will stay below 100+F

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Just noticed that registration for AZ 70.3 is "suspended" [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Didn't this have something to do with building a new arena for the Coyotes? Not familiar with that area, but I read it in another thread.

Maurice

The proposed arena site is directly along the bike route on Rio Salado. Not sure when construction is set to begin (or even if it has been confirmed) but that could easily result in road closures in the area.
Quote Reply