Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bluetooth headphones for Indoor Trainer workouts?
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions? Prefer the ones that go over my years...

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Bluetooth headphones for Indoor Trainer workouts? [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love these
Quote Reply
Re: Bluetooth headphones for Indoor Trainer workouts? [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yurbuds Leap have worked well for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Bluetooth headphones for Indoor Trainer workouts? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any over the ear "cans" type that are ok for sport usage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used some over the ear headphones on the trainer once many years ago. Notice I said once. To me they were way you hot. I've used buds ever since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't used this style as I imagine the foam would get soaked in sweat and eventually get funky or degrade. I have stuck to earbuds, but wired ones (with extension cables to get to my PC/TV) so I can't answer your other question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've just started using these. They work well.

https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-Headphones-Earphones-Bluetooth-Sweatproof/dp/B01IUUYXIQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1480954225&sr=8-3&keywords=soundpeats

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bose SoundSport bluetooth. I have tried several over the last year, and they are either super uncomfortable for 2-3 hour rides, or they get ruined by sweat. The Bose Soundsports have been the most comfortable, most reliable and seemingly most sweat proof I have found. Would highly recommend the $149 pair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a buddy has a pair of the bone-induction headphones, I'm intrigued as i can't find an earbud that stays in my ear well enough to get a decent sound spectrum. i play a lot of house/techno, gotta get that bass!

then I found this while googling! WTF!?!?!

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy cheap; sweat is harsh on headphones. I have wired, over-ear headphones. Over-ear are great for indoor workouts. However, they are really getting nasty, and I have only been using them for about 6 months. I will probably dump them before they get a year old.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Dec 5, 16 10:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most of them work great at first, but I've lost two sets of headphones over the years from sweat. Usually it starts clogging the speaker and then corroding the internals. You either loose sound volume in one or both ears or your electronics will degrade and you'll lose bluethooth connectivity.

I've moved to the cheaper corded headphones now as I can replace them once and year and not feel terrible about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just started wearing Skybuds. https://skybuds.com/

The noise cancelling is on par with the over-the-ear headphones, but you aren't trapping in the heat. I tried to wear the over-the-ear Bose headphones on the trainer one time and couldn't make it past my warm up.

I met one of guys who started Skybuds a few weeks ago and he gave me a pair after I complained about all the headphones I've ripped through while training. I might be biased, but these are hands down the best pair of headphones I've worn in training and everyday use. So much so that I bought a pair to give to my bro-in-law for Christmas after using them for a day.

Like many of you I'm sure, I've burned through lots of headphones from sweat and general use, so have tried plenty of them -- Bose, Beats, Yurbuds, Monster, etc. Love that the Skybuds are actually wireless (I hate that tether thing), are sweatproof, fit perfectly in the ear (comfortable & don't fall out; no wrap-around thing), and have awesome sound.

Only downside is the price tag. It's hefty - $249.99 - but well worth it IMO.

Quote Reply
Re: Bluetooth headphones for Indoor Trainer workouts? [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wcb wrote:
Love these

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone else already mentioned bone conducting headphones - I use them because my ears are too small for ear buds - they either pop out or are unbearably painful after about half an hour. A few people commented on over ear headphones and my experiences have been the same - heavy, hot, wet (with apologies to Robin Williams "which is ok if you are with a lady, but not on the trainer"). These are the the bone conducting headphones I use. Not exactly Bose quality sound but they have the bonus that you can run or even ride with them and still hear traffic or carry on a conversation.
Quote Reply
Re: Bluetooth headphones for Indoor Trainer workouts? [r_mohr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Samsung has a completely wireless ear bud out too but can't remember the name or price. And you can save music on them if you don't want to carry a phone. Haven't used them so I can't comment on longevity.

Team Zoot - Great Lakes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are the most comfortable headphones I've used in years.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-SoundBuds-Bluetooth-Sweatproof-Headphones/dp/B01IUP89LS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480977384&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+headphones

--------------------------

TEAM HONEY BADGER
Quote Reply
Re: Bluetooth headphones for Indoor Trainer workouts? [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
wcb wrote:
Love these

+1
+2. Mine have gone through several FL downpours, FL mid summer sweaty runs & garage workouts, and the washer and dry twice in the past year and a half. They just keep on working.

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own two pairs of the trekz titanium and been going strong for one year. In addition to great sound and a solid sweatproof fit, you can hear surrounding sounds.

https://aftershokz.com/...m?variant=7698365569

http://www.abbeybiketools.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the Plantronics ones, but they didn't work for me. I've been using these for about a year. Funny after multiple attempts with higher dollar earbuds, these $20 ones are my go to for running or on the trainer.

https://www.amazon.com/SoundPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphones-Earphones-Sweatproof/dp/B00LP6CFEC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1481035874&sr=8-4&keywords=qy7+bluetooth+headphones
Last edited by: Technobuyer: Dec 6, 16 6:55
Quote Reply
Re: Bluetooth headphones for Indoor Trainer workouts? [Technobuyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technobuyer wrote:
I tried the Plantronics ones, but they didn't work for me. I've been using these for about a year. Funny after multiple sets at higher dollar earbuds, these $20 ones are my go to for running or on the trainer.

https://www.amazon.com/SoundPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphones-Earphones-Sweatproof/dp/B00LP6CFEC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1481035874&sr=8-4&keywords=qy7+bluetooth+headphones

Those are the best. Skip everything brand-name and higher, and get those.

I've posted before, but the customer service on these beats the crap out of all the high-end stuff. They'll send you a new one replacement no questions asked if yours fails under warrantee, and it arrives in like 2 days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got these from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/...ge?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think somebody else posted something similar too.

Jon
Quote Reply
Re: Bluetooth headphones for Indoor Trainer workouts? [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmacandcheese wrote:
dalava wrote:
wcb wrote:
Love these

+1
+2. Mine have gone through several FL downpours, FL mid summer sweaty runs & garage workouts, and the washer and dry twice in the past year and a half. They just keep on working.

+3. Pretty much bombproof and reasonable affordable relative to other BT headphones
Quote Reply
Re: Bluetooth headphones for Indoor Trainer workouts? [Asilverm1970] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome advice everyone. thank you. I ended up doing with one of the recs and will report back after I sweat through them for a month or two....feel bad for them in a way. Its going to be disgusting ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Bluetooth headphones for Indoor Trainer workouts? [drluke12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the soundpeats as well which are pretty cheap (around 25 bucks). They are fine, not the greatest sound, but I'm not that focused on the sound when hammering on the trainer.

I also have the Beats 2.0 wireless "powerbeats" and they sound better, but I wouldn't pay 5x more versus the Soundpeats (I got them as a gift). Ask Santa for some! :)
Quote Reply