Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What to do now!
Quote | Reply
Well with IM Florida sold out before I could blink and the Duke Blue Devil cancelled (yikes); what else is there on the Atlantic coast?
Quote Reply
Re: What to do now! [jmcochran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GFT?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are still races you can do to "get in" IM North America races. Muskoka Long course tri is how I got into IM Florida this year and how I hope to get into Lake placid for 2006. www.trisportcanada.com They have 100 IMNorth America slots.

http://www.mountainmettle.com
Quote Reply
Re: What to do now! [Spindogg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it me or is the wtc and sponsorships ruining the sport of triathlon? I thought this was supposed to be a simple and down to earth sport? Appealing to the everyday guy/gal who struggles thru training and forgets that they actually have family and a job? Seems like now it is becoming BIG sponsors and political jargon that is getting in the way of the common folk. A lottery system? A charity slot? What's next the black market? How did you get in? Well down on 5th and Main St. there is this dude who can get you in!!!

I feel better, sort of...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is it me or is the wtc and sponsorships ruining the sport of triathlon? I thought this was supposed to be a simple and down to earth sport? Appealing to the everyday guy/gal who struggles thru training and forgets that they actually have family and a job? Seems like now it is becoming BIG sponsors and political jargon that is getting in the way of the common folk. A lottery system? A charity slot? What's next the black market? How did you get in? Well down on 5th and Main St. there is this dude who can get you in!!!

I feel better, sort of...
I just got back from 5th & Main -- you lied!!! He knows nothing about IM slots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I thought this was supposed to be a simple and down to earth sport?"

Ha! Simple and down-to-earth doesn't pay the bills.
Quote Reply
Re: What to do now! [Brick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ChesapeakeMan looks like a great race; end of year. Thx for the reply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're welcome. The organizers put on a great race. I have done Columbia (oly) and it was terrific. I hear nothing but good things about Eagleman (1/2) but have not done it. BTW, I think that Columbia and Eagleman are both sold out now. The only negative I have heard about Chesapeakeman is that the stinging nettles in the river can be annoying. While I have not done the race, I used to be a lifeguard in Va Beach and the nettles are a bother but should not ruin your race.
Quote Reply