Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SCOTT Plasma
Quote | Reply
  Though I have not seen this bike "up close and personal", I am very interested in it. The concern I have is that the rumor is that since there is an integrated seat post which cannot be removed; a traditional bike case will not work, and will have to be purchased separately from SCOTT. This obviously adds to the cost and inconvenience (ie- shipping, carrying on airplanes). Is there a similar problem with the Kuota Kalibur? Does anyone have additional information about this?
Quote Reply
Re: SCOTT Plasma [Jack Bauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack

The Plasma is a beautiful frame - depending on which size you ride - it may fit in a regular box - again - this is size dependant and also depends on how much of the seat mast is left in place after you cut to size.

Scott is releasing a bike box to accomodate the seat mast for shipping - you would be best to contact them directly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am also interested in the plasma.. ehh emmm, OT, we need more characters like jack bauer (from the show 24)...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
having seen this bike up close in both hawaii and panama city, it is very sweet looking. the carbon weave is the second best looking...right behind my custom Elite Joule Pro Carbon!!!
Quote Reply
Re: SCOTT Plasma [ncrunner24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just remove the cranks - voila, fits in the case.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: SCOTT Plasma [JM3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and that's so easy and convenient!

yeah, right...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: SCOTT Plasma [Greg X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Three minutes is tough? It shouldn't even take that long. Wouldn't stop me from buying a bike of it was a good fit.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: SCOTT Plasma [JM3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, i agree its not brutally hard. but pulling out a seatpost is generally much easier, if ya got to do it often.

i think it is a goofy design for consumer bike (i.e, a bike for folks that travel in cars, airplanes, use UPS, etc.)

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: SCOTT Plasma [Greg X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i think it is a goofy design for consumer bike
I sure wouldn't consider the Plasma a consumer bike. It's a pretty specialized piece of race gear.
Quote Reply