Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powertap reset while riding? Why?
Quote | Reply
Any powertap owners ever have their computer just reset for no apparent reason while riding? Could this be caused by a weak battery?

It really sucks to put in 6+ hours on the bike and not have it count. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap reset while riding? Why? [objectiveous] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This comes up all the time. Try the PowerTap support forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. What I do is keep around at least one spare battery and a battery tester - very cheap from Radio Shack. If you download you have to be careful to follow the correct protocol to make sure you don't drain the CPU battery too quickly. Some folks proactively just replace the battery every month or two just because they don't want to lose the data. Most folks find the battery life on the yellow CPU's to be very good, though. Owning a powermeter (of any type) is like owning a PC and maintaining it. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap reset while riding? Why? [Bitey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]This comes up all the time. Try the PowerTap support forum.[/reply]

There's a forum? Where can I find this forum you speak of? Hrm.... must ask google...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine did it for a couple of rides (one was a race I was trying to get information from!!), and has been fine since! It did it out of the blus and just reset itself every couple of km's...

Computer batteries were pretty new (10-20hrs riding)....
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap reset while riding? Why? [tonyoh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Mine did it for a couple of rides (one was a race I was trying to get information from!!), and has been fine since! It did it out of the blus and just reset itself every couple of km's...

Computer batteries were pretty new (10-20hrs riding)....[/reply]

Did it ever display the text "data" in the bottom most part of the display -- the area where Time and Distance is typically shown?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No - all I saw was normal data, and it did work normally, then the distance was reset. toward the end of the ride it was reseting every 2-3km. All the data was reset (max, averages, time, distance). the second time it happened, the powertap computer showed only dat for a few km, but when I downloaded most of the data was there. I used no intervals... It also reset all the settings.

It has worked fin since (3 weeks and 12-15hr riding)...
Quote Reply