Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which one of you jammed the pin into the lower right leg of the TripleThreat Voodoo Doll (tm)?
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I know the dolls are out there, my wife sells them out of our home. Her and the kids are gonna use the money for Disneyland.

Disclaimer: I'm not asking for a medical diagnosis (before those replies start), only asking if someone has experienced something similar, and what they did about it.

Situation Running a 6-mile course today and around 3.1 miles got a sharp pain in my calf, almost like a cramp (felt like I was stabbed, actually). Reached down, preparing for my calf to feel like a 2x4, but it didn't. Very tender, painful, but no contraction. I don't know if there was a "pop" sound (runnin' w/ IPOD). Could barely walk.

Iced 4 times tonight. Jumped on the trainer and it doesn't hurt a bit to ride. I'm assuming it won't hurt at all to swim ... even kick sets, since it is only very painful when [1] weight is bearing on the heel, and [2] I bring my toes closer to my shin (raise the toes). Pointing the toe down is painless. Walking is laborsome. It is tender when light pressure is applied to it. The "hot spot" is right where the gastroc ends, and the soleus begins (if that makes any sense).

I'm worried that the problem is with the achilles tendon, and we all know how long those take to repair.

Anyone ever dealt with anything like this?

If the pain is the same after the weekend, I'll go to the GP ... which, fortunately for me, in this case, is a marathoner.

Thanks.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you jammed the pin into the lower right leg of the TripleThreat Voodoo Doll (tm)? [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you promise you stop giving baseball examples, I'll take the pin off... ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Which one of you jammed the pin into the lower right leg of the TripleThreat Voodoo Doll (tm)? [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like what I did last year at this time. You might have a small tear in some little muscle that is in the calf; it doesn't provide propulsion, but is in there for stability or something. I was diagnosed by two PT cousins at Thanksgiving. I took all of December off from running, and very slowly started running again in January, as I recall. Biking and swimming were not an issue. If this is what you have, you'll need to take a lot of time off from running. See a PT, not a GP.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
I ruptured my plantaris tendon [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It felt like someone had thrown a baseball at my calf. There wasn't much I could do about it except ice, Vit. I and rest. I couldn't run for two months. It's a very common injury in tennis players.

Perhaps you strained but did not rupture the tendon. You may get away with icing and rest and then stretching.

Good luck

http://www.actionshots.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was me that put that pin in. Francois bet me that it would not work. Guess he was wrong.

Do a search on a thread titled Ouch my calf hurts or something like that. It might be right up your alley, or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry dude, thought I had the hex on Mopdahl. Let me try again...now where did I put that doll last night...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply