Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Tri-Vent versus Sidi Zeta
Quote | Reply
I am seeking a little bit of forum advice on an upcoming shoe purchase. In particular, I am looking at purchasing either a pair of Specialized Tri-Vents or a pair of the Sidi Zetas. I am interested in hearing the input of anyone who has used either product. A little background...

I know that this might be seen as an apples versus oranges discussion, but I don't see it that way. I think I see it more as a Golden Delicious versus Fuji apples discussion.

I am looking for a shoe for logging training miles in, as well as racing. There will be a good amount of the former and much less of the latter over the next 10 months or so.

I don't feel like one strap versus three is a big discriminator. The extra second or two just doesn't have a huge impact for me.

A carbon sole is a plus, but not a deal-maker. Compatibility with Speedplay's, on the other hand, is a deal-maker.

I have tried Shimanos (various models) and the fit on the ones I am looking at just isn't what I want.

My training environment is a pretty warm one.

I'd like to keep it around $150 for the purchase, although that is a self-imposed limit.

Appreciate any feedback or advice...

BH

BH

"No reserves, no retreat, no regrets..." William Borden
Last edited by: BH: Nov 11, 05 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Tri-Vent versus Sidi Zeta [BH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have sidi shoes and love the fit. In my opinion they are the most comfortable after a long ride.

~Work hard and play harder:)!!!~
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Tri-Vent versus Sidi Zeta [BH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have both. The Tri Vents are a great racing shoe, but I don't wear them on every ride. The Sidis are awesome and I wear them daily and in longer races. They're just more comfortable for me. Two different fits, however. Tri Vents have a slightly wider toe box than the Sidis but a snugger fitting heel. If one fits better than the other, you can't go wrong with either, IMO.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply