Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

[Nutrition] Gut Bomb Sweet - Drinks and Gels
Quote | Reply
So,

Who here is SICK AND TIRED of Gatorade endurance? That stuff is just way too sweet. Also, I think the GU gels are too sweet as well. I tried to do a search, as I'm sure this has been discussed many times, but...

What do you guys and gals use in order to combat having to down so much sweet drinks and gels?

I was thinking about trying Hammer gels, and some other drink, but not sure where to start.

Trae
PS. Man, I sure hope this is on topic.

--
Trae McCombs
TSR - Sponsored by the Masses. Racing for the hell of it.
Ironman Finisher 2005 -- 14:09:18
Quote Reply
Re: [Nutrition] Gut Bomb Sweet - Drinks and Gels [occy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had any gels there aren't sweet.

Try Accelerade for a not too sweet drink.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
infinIT

I'll never drink anything else or use gels again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hammer products
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second Hammer products. They are easy to use, not too sweet, reasonably priced and easy to obtain. You get used to the unsweet flavor of their drinks, I like to call it a "wheat-y" flavor...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While its pretty sweet as well...I enjoy (yes enjoy!) Hammer Raspberry. Its got a pretty light taste and a couple of sips of water after tend to cleanse off the palate.

As far as beverages....I just make my gatorade a little light (get the big jug of powder from BJs). I am not a heed fan, but if you can dig the taste its not as sweet as GA.

jsargevt

~~~~~~~
Do or do not there is no try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one word - carbopro - mix it with anything you like or drink it straight up - solved my nutrition problems in my last 2 im's

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally like Cytomax. They don't get me too bloated, easy to keep down, not too sweet.
Quote Reply
Re: [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
InfinIT or Extran.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's an idea - sort of the reverse of current thinking: Sugar capsules - get the sugar (maltodextrine or whatever) in capsule form so you don't have to taste it. And also, Chicken Broth Gel - Salty, gooey broth flavored gel with all the electrolyes you need. Could come with caffiene and/or protien (the 1:4 ratio).

I was considering having a little beef jerky in my specal needs bags, but decided against it as the race is not the place to experiment. Nevertheless, my nutrition was probably 95% Gatorade Endurance. It was easy for me to take, but I couldn't touch the stuff for a few days afterwards.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try crank sports products. I have the same problem with simple sugars, but their e-gel and e-fuel taste good and work well without relying on simples. They pack a better amount of electrolytes as well. I have been using them for two years and haven't found anything better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched to Hammer gels about 2 months ago, sure do like them A LOT better than ClifShots or GUs. Avoid the vanilla flavour tho, waaaaay too sweet. Espresso falvour rocks. Comes with bonus 50mg of caffeine ;-)

I also stick to plain jane yellow gatorade mixed from a powder. Don't find it sweet at all.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: [drflinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree I have been using it for one year.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hammer is the way to go. Perpeteum is great- not sweet, provides constant long-term energy. It took me a while to acquire the taste (I used to hate it), but now I use it all the time. If you want to mix it up, they also have Hammer Heed, which is similar to Gatorade, and of course Hammer Gel.
Quote Reply