Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM COZUMEL [adnama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adnama wrote:
Take the ADO bus from Cancun Airport to Playa del Carmen (the bus is cheap, safe, and reliable. I think they charge an extra $5-$10 dollars for bikes but you there will be plenty of other athletes doing the same thing). I think it's an hour on the bus or so, maybe a little less.

At PDC, pay one of the guys with a rickshaw bike to transport your luggage the few blocks down to the ferry dock (or haul your luggage yourself). Pay for whichever ferry to Cozumel is next.

Once in Cozumel, grab a cab-- they'll be lined up.

Easy! Just mentally prepare yourself for a long day of planes, busses, boats and automobiles.

Agree on the bus, I was hesitant but its super easy, bus has assigned seats and comfy.
Quote Reply
Re: IM COZUMEL [pmcdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pmcdc wrote:
lso if you're even remotely prone to motion sickness, ………….. and sit up top
=============================================
yes. up top. in fresh air.
peggy

(Long time diver) Best place on a boat if you are prone to sickness is at the stern (rear) at the bottom deck in the open air if you can get outside, looking to the horizon. The Ultramar ferries at least have this area open as I recall

The worst place to go is up, you will have much more movement - in all directions - the higher you go.

Ditto on the bus, did it a couple weeks ago both ways. It does add about 2 hours to your trip - small wait for the bus, bus ride, variable wait for the ferry (we had to wait an hour - there are two companies (actually three now) and they used to alternate hours, now they both go the same time, ferry ride, cab ride. Also means you need to leave about 5 hours before your flight back to accommodate travel and two hour arrival at CUN

For the boat - Don't buy round trip tickets. Just buy them on the return. Used to be a bigger deal when the boats ran alternate hours , but schedules change all the time, easy enough to buy one way.

Alternate is you can arrange a van ahead of time for a pickup. The IM Coz facebook page has contact info if that's of interest.

Last, you can often find a pretty good deal getting back with a driver in a/c, they want to get back to the airport so you can likely find it for cheaper than the bus (or as cheap).

Have fun, great race.
Last edited by: ChrisM: Aug 7, 17 16:03
Quote Reply
Re: IM COZUMEL [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you're a lightweight, the wind SUCKS. i found the course to be more difficult than imwi, imlp, and immt. the wind just owned me. though, the year i did it there was a storm and it rained on the run course and the swim course was cut short.
Quote Reply
Re: IM COZUMEL [rufo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vacationed in Cancun and it was pretty pleasant. The sun though is unbelievable. I think I burned in the shade.
Quote Reply
Re: IM COZUMEL [clutchy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the race in 2015 and was able to fly directly into Cozumel, but back home out of Cancun.

Found this tiny airline that operates flights between Cozumel and Cancun....the smallest airplanes ever and they can only take a handful of bikes into cargo, so it pays to get there early (check in opens about 90min before departure). I thought it was such a great option... no ferry, no hauling around of the bike, and incredible views during the short hop back to Cancun. (20min flight). Tickets were around 45USD, no charge for luggage or bikes

the airline's webpage is http://www.mayair.com.mx
Quote Reply

Prev Next