Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Motigo App - IM Florida??
Quote | Reply
So I'm doing the Marine Corps Marathon this weekend, and in the guide it talks about the Motigo App:

"Motigo will transform the 41st Marine Corps Marathon into a personalized running experience! Try the free app during training runs from October 7-9 for some pre-MCM inspiration AND use it during the MCM to hear a course specific audio tour during the run with periodic pre-recorded messages highlighting the course and added motivation thanks to a few very special guests! Invite friends and family to pre-record cheers, or runners can record personal mantras for motivation! Download the app and search for the Marine Corps Marathon to get started! Available for iOS and Android. Learn more at http://www.getmotigo.com."

Once I looked at the app and saw the listed upcoming events, I noticed there was an option for Ironman Florida Marathon... I thought phones and headphones weren't allowed at IM events. I haven't done one in about 4 years, did something change??
Quote Reply
Re: Motigo App - IM Florida?? [armyrunguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, nothing has changed.

An audio tour of the IMFL run course sure sounds thrilling!

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Motigo App - IM Florida?? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
No, nothing has changed.

"In 30m, turn right. On your left you can see the historic site of the first-ever wet T-shirt contest. To this day they still serve 20 cent wings on Wednesdays."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
armyrunguy wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
No, nothing has changed.

"In 30m, turn right. On your left you can see the historic site of the first-ever wet T-shirt contest. To this day they still serve 20 cent wings on Wednesdays."

"Here is the part of the course where that guy famously shit himself in 2010 and ran another 20 miles covered in his own feces while securing that coveted Kona spot."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Congratulations on completing Ironman Florida! Continue on to your right to proceed to T3."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was there. That is still unsettling to my stomach.

The GMAN wrote:
armyrunguy wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
No, nothing has changed.

"Here is the part of the course where that guy famously shit himself in 2010 and ran another 20 miles covered in his own feces while securing that coveted Kona spot."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Congratulations on completing the draftfest ... err bike ... now get ready to enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of our lovely shithole."
Quote Reply
Re: Motigo App - IM Florida?? [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imsparticus wrote:
I was there. That is still unsettling to my stomach.

The GMAN wrote:
armyrunguy wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
No, nothing has changed.

I was there too. I got the stench the one time he passed me.

Last edited by: The GMAN: Oct 26, 16 10:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same for me. He passed me at the far end of the park on his second (and my first loop). What was funny was to see the chain reaction up the road as he passed people in front of people. First, they'd have a puzzeled look about them as they tried to figure out why it suddenly got very stinky. Next, they'd start looking around. Then they'd see him and start laughing then look away in disgust. Finally, they'd start laughing again as the scene repeated itself up the road.
Quote Reply