Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wear a swim skin for the whole race (draft legal sprint)
Quote | Reply
Reading the rules for the upcoming USAT draft legal sprint in New Orleans, if you wear a swim skin you have to wear it for the whole race. Wetsuit rules are ITU so 71.6 or below for wetsuit legal. I have a TYR Torque that I like to swim in, but have never run or rode in it. Anyone completed a complete sprint in a swim skin? Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Wear a swim skin for the whole race (draft legal sprint) [PaulAsay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PaulAsay wrote:
Reading the rules for the upcoming USAT draft legal sprint in New Orleans, if you wear a swim skin you have to wear it for the whole race. Wetsuit rules are ITU so 71.6 or below for wetsuit legal. I have a TYR Torque that I like to swim in, but have never run or rode in it. Anyone completed a complete sprint in a swim skin? Thoughts?

I am not even sure that is the actual rule. I would check with USAT Head Official Charlie Crawford to get the definitive answer regardless.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Wear a swim skin for the whole race (draft legal sprint) [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From their FAQ on the race website:

QUESTION: Can we wear wetsuits during the swim in the draft legal triathlon event?
ANSWER: If the water temperature is 71.6 F or less you may wear a wet suit during the swim portion of the triathlon. If the water temperature is above 71.6 F you may wear a skin suit – BUT – the skin suit must be worn throughout the entire event (including during the bike and run). An official water temperature will be announced race morning.
Water temperature as of 10/21 was 77 F.
Quote Reply
Re: Wear a swim skin for the whole race (draft legal sprint) [PaulAsay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dont ruin your Torque, DeSoto makes a swim skin/race suit. Just about as fast as top line skins, but no issues and made to be rode and run in..

I tested most of these suits back in the day, they are in the archives here somewhere, but of course older models now. Your Torque came out on top, the DeSoto was only about a second a 100 slower. It really came down to fit on a lot of the suits, keep them tight and they swim out pretty good..
Quote Reply
Re: Wear a swim skin for the whole race (draft legal sprint) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Dont ruin your Torque, DeSoto makes a swim skin/race suit. Just about as fast as top line skins, but no issues and made to be rode and run in..

I tested most of these suits back in the day, they are in the archives here somewhere, but of course older models now. Your Torque came out on top, the DeSoto was only about a second a 100 slower. It really came down to fit on a lot of the suits, keep them tight and they swim out pretty good..

I second the Desoto suit. I wore the 2016 Liftfoil at Omaha for the Olympic AG Nationals race and had no issues on the bike and run. The 2016 Liftfoil is currently on sale, also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just get a Kiwami or Desoto ITU style kit and do the entire race in that. Heck I still see the Kiawmi's being used as swim skins in 70.3/IM races now and then

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Wear a swim skin for the whole race (draft legal sprint) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+3 desoto lift foil. Love mine.
Quote Reply