Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my bike nutrition plan for IM Los Cabos
Quote | Reply
Weight - about 155lbs, planning to bike at around 180w NP, IF of about 0.72

Looks like the temps will be somewhere between 85 and 95 F, with the humidity of about 50% or so.

Will probably eat a Clif bar right out of water, and then planning to start feeding every 20 mins. This has been tested on 2 long rides, and seemed to have worked ok. Only water for drinking, and I am planning to grab about 7.5oz of de-fizzed cola from the special needs at around the 60 mile mark. Maybe a 1/2 gatorade bottle somewhere to break things up.

Thoughts?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Last edited by: alex_korr: Oct 24, 16 11:32
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike nutrition plan for IM Los Cabos [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing to critique Alex, sounds like you have it down to a science. Cabo will be my 5th Ironman and I still just feed based on feel, one pb and J at special needs and a few bars. So far so good.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike nutrition plan for IM Los Cabos [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 3rd IM here and I usually feed by feel as well. But with the heat and humidity in Cabo I decided to have it a bit tighter this time. Probably a great deal of overthinking, but I did spend 5.5 months training for this, so why not :)

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike nutrition plan for IM Los Cabos [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds good, except for the Cliff bar, which doesn't digest as readily as any number of liquid fuel offerings. It's also physically harder to eat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still trying to figure nutrition out myself. Last Year's Los Cabos was my 1st IM. I got off track nutritionally. I was feasting on local cuisine leading up to the event rather than familiar eats, breakfast consisted of a couple Ensures, and i forgot to eat in T1. On the bike I downed my maltodextrin based bottles and plenty water but underestimated the 1 climb up the airport toll road. Its sheltered in many places from any breeze. I ended up cramping worst than i ever have. In retrospect there's alot of things i screwed up but not taking in more sodium was probably pretty big.

Don't underestimate the heat and know that the port-a-potties dont come stocked with tp for some reason. Im doing Arizona this year but wish i were doing Cabo again. It was a blast. Enjoy!
Quote Reply