Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM (specifically IMFL) transition logistics and bags - where will they be?
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Hopefully not a stupid question, but I couldn't find these details in the Athlete Guide. I'm looking for info on what happens in transition.

What happens after I exit the water? Do I go to my bike and get my bag there? Am I handed my bag and then I go to the changing area, then to my bike?

The main reason I am asking is I am considering removing my race watch after the swim, putting it in my run bag (T2 bag), and then using it on the run.

What are the bag logistics for IMFL? I am pretty sure I understand about checking them in, and special needs, and such. But will my bags be near my bike? Will I have access to both T1 and T2 bags during T1? Or will they be only in the hands of the volunteers?

Thanks!
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: IM (specifically IMFL) transition logistics and bags - where will they be? [michaer27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't remove your watch if you want it on the run.

You'll exit the water and be handed your swim to bike bag before entering the changing tent. Your bike stuff comes out of the bag and swim stuff goes in.

After the bike you'll be handed your bike to run bag before going into the changing tent. Same deal, run stuff out bike stuff in.

A volunteer hands you your bag, and you don't have access to T2 bags in T1 and vice versa
Last edited by: rjrankin: Oct 20, 16 19:07
Quote Reply
Re: IM (specifically IMFL) transition logistics and bags - where will they be? [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! That's very helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: IM (specifically IMFL) transition logistics and bags - where will they be? [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds a little intimidating having never done a Full before, IMFL will be my first full as well. I have done four 70.3s though. Would you say the transition is easier or more confusing for the 140.6 verse 70.3? It almost sounds easier in the fact that everything is together in bags.

Thank you,

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM (specifically IMFL) transition logistics and bags - where will they be? [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Transition is way more chaotic at IMFL, because the changing tent is very, very crowded (assuming you are not super fast or super slow). At a 70.3, there are wave starts, so people are more spread out. Not so at IMFL for T1. If you are in the heart of the bell curve, you may have a hard time finding a seat in the changing tent for T1. T2 will be fine, as 112 miles has a way of spreading people out.

alien wrote:
It sounds a little intimidating having never done a Full before, IMFL will be my first full as well. I have done four 70.3s though. Would you say the transition is easier or more confusing for the 140.6 verse 70.3? It almost sounds easier in the fact that everything is together in bags.

Thank you,
Quote Reply
Re: IM (specifically IMFL) transition logistics and bags - where will they be? [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have read the swim is self seeding. I am hoping to swim between 1-1:02. Do you know how the times are set up for the self seeding? Is there a group I can get into that is around that time?

Quote Reply
Re: IM (specifically IMFL) transition logistics and bags - where will they be? [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Self seeding is just that. They will have some folks holding signs with time ranges, and you go where you want to go. You will be going in before me by a good bit. Unless, of course, I pretend I am fast.
Quote Reply
Re: IM (specifically IMFL) transition logistics and bags - where will they be? [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will pass me on the bike and if not then surely on the run. Swimming has become my strength. Sadly running use to be my strength and now it is my weakness.

Thanks for the response.

Quote Reply