Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Tri bike for $2000? give or take [pertinax4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are going to order something then I would call Ves at Yaqui and ask him about building a Manzanita (complete bike for $1,700) and you will not regret it. For that price, you get a near custom frame built by a guy who knows how to make a tri bike that handles very well. I hear people that won't take their tri bike in the mountains, but I ride mine everwhere with total confidence in all terrains.

If you are interested in buying the lastest fashionable bike will cool-looking aero tubes that may or may not make you faster--mine sure didn't--and you want the higher priced components then don't buy a Yaqui. If you want a bike that will fit like custom with a solid, intelligent mix of components fitted by a guy who knows what he is doing then consider a Yaqui.

Ves built my bike based off my measurements in his fit system, plus my input and the frame I pulled out of the box was exactly what I wanted. There was no break-in period. I raced it three days after it arrived to my fastest multi-sport bike split ever.

Ok, I'm done.

Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guru chron'alu. Around 2K. Find a good fitter to get a good fit. Then get custom geometry for free! Can't beat that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like some others have said, Guru cron'alu with 105 components can be had for around $2000, and you will get a custom fit bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look no further than right here: http://www.yaquiusa.com/main.html Manzanita. $1795 for a full-on tri bike. Built by hand, one at a time, by one of the very few master framebuilders that play in the tri realm. Inventor of steep geometry. The ONLY builder to offer DE geometry. Built for you, for your specific dimensions (and only $200 extra if you need custom geometry to achieve a fit that can't be satisfied with "stock" angles and tube lengths).

You quite simply can't go wrong with a Yaqui.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Last edited by: Khai: Nov 11, 05 22:32
Quote Reply
Re: Best Tri bike for $2000? give or take [blur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the Narni. It seems very overlooked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look for the 2005 Cervelo Dual 10 to pop up in the $1500 range, now that the new model is available. As far as fit is concerned, you can make this bike fit you comfortably, just buy the right size for your frame.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Best Tri bike for $2000? give or take [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Psycho,

I went ahead and ordered a TREK Equinox 9. It seems a solid bike, and I wanted

to support my local guy. Red is my fave color. I think it will add 1.5 to 2 mph on my

Trek 1500 road bike. My "Nox" I will call it, will be here in a week. Im pumped. Thanks

for your input.

"Im not young enough to know everything."
Oscar Wilde
Quote Reply

Prev Next