Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Share your fall foliage report? Anyone in Kentucky, Tennessee or North Georgia? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking to leave this week. Any reports?
Quote Reply
Re: Share your fall foliage report? Anyone in Kentucky, Tennessee or North Georgia? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Delaware is starting to show colors, but nothing like Bleps picture. It was a dry summer so it will probably be less colorful. I am guessing peak may be in a week or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Share your fall foliage report? Anyone in Kentucky, Tennessee or North Georgia? [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ground covered with snow this morning. Cold and very windy. I heard on big tree crack and come crashing down in the forest. Leaves in the northern Catskills just about gone.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, in Gainesville, FL...huh...never mind...we finally dipped below 80F. No sign of Fall yet. Wait...what is Fall?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Louisville is just starting to show signs of,turning. Allegedly this week is peak but we look like we still have a little ways to,go. Can update in a day or two
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The drought in TN has our leaves browning and dropping pretty fast. Its not a good years for fall foilage here. I am in East TN, Knoxille. So pretty much Chattanooga to Tri Cities are a no go. Not sure how the middle TN is fairing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This week in Northeast Georgia and Southeast Tennessee the colors are turning at 2000 ft elevation. Just go to Chattanooga or Greenville, SC and have fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just drove from Toronto all the way down to Greenville SC and back, for the Gran Fondo Hincapie.

Best colors seemed to be in Pennsylvania. As we went further south, it was more yellow.

As someone else noted, the whole of the area had heavy rain and big winds, for a couple of days. The drive south was done with almost constant rain and strong winds. Bottom line - that's a killer for leaving leaves on the trees!

By the time we drove back north yesterday, many trees had their leaves completely off already!

Thankfully race-day at the Gran Fondo Hincapie, was cool (15C), but total sunshine!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Share your fall foliage report? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
This is what's called the 'golden encore' the red maples are done and all the yellow trees like birch are changing.

A friend just took this picture at a nearby beach. Typical west coast rain forest in the fall. Although it could easily be June, or February.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Share your fall foliage report? Anyone in Kentucky, Tennessee or North Georgia? [satchmo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
satchmo wrote:
The drought in TN has our leaves browning and dropping pretty fast. Its not a good years for fall foilage here. I am in East TN, Knoxille. So pretty much Chattanooga to Tri Cities are a no go. Not sure how the middle TN is fairing.

not much in the way of color in middle TN this year either. Very dry fall. I was on the Caney Fork River Saturday and mostly just browns and muted yellows. Fishing was good though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next