Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Your USAT AG Nats/ Worlds Experience [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big fan of those changes, the two loop run course will be an improvement. Running through the stadium was cool.. but the run to and from it wasn't much fun.

Looking forward to Omaha 2017!
Quote Reply
Re: Your USAT AG Nats/ Worlds Experience [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Can't comment first-hand on the course, as it will be my first time in Omaha. But the course profile looks flat from my perspective in Seattle.

Scott

Coming from Seattle, I will say the race was very flat, but as others have said one of those hills is pretty steep. If I go again this year, I will put a bigger cassette on my wheel for that hill.
Quote Reply
Re: Your USAT AG Nats/ Worlds Experience [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supersquid wrote:
Quote:
I saw this. They forgot #8. We won't run out of ice and water at high noon.

If people wouldn't take ridiculous amounts of water and ice at the aid stations this wouldn't happen. I saw people taking 4 or 5 cups at one aid station. It's a 6 mile run. You don't need that much.

Quote:
...the earlier start time will help, but do the heats really need to be spaced so far apart?

I think so. I'm really, really tired of the drafting at races. While AG Nats isn't perfect, I think USAT does a good job giving us a fair race while still letting a lot of people race giving it a big race feel. Tighten up the spacing and I think drafting is going to be a big problem.

Personally, I'd rather sleep in a bit and deal with some heat. I'm sick of 7 am start times, but it is what it is.

The earlier waves this year had to deal with more humidity and no wind, so earlier waves may not help much.

Also, I was in the first wave and there was no ice at the aid stations. There was water, so I really feel for the people that had to run without any water.
Quote Reply

Prev Next