Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why does my heel hurt?
Quote | Reply
Nuts! I just returned from a month in the south working for FEMA. I was unable to run or swim, but I did manage to ride a lifecycle a few times per week. Previous to that I was riding 5-7 days/week and running 4 days with no problems.

I returned home and started running, or at least trying to run again, only to discover I have weird pain in my heel. I 've never had heel pain before. The pain I have is on the outside of the heel area, not underneath at all, nor is in the ankle joint. It really is in the heel area, outside only. It feels like there's nothing in there but bone in the area that hurts.

I suffered no trauma to the area that I can recall, but my job down there did involve patrolling a ship for 12 hours per day. I did have a different/new pair of shoes but they were comfortable, and I was on my feet for almost all of those 12 hours, but I noticed no pain till I started running again at home.

Yesterday I bailed after just a few minutes of running. Walking is fine but sometimes when I step off a curb or twist a certain way I'll feel the pain. Does seem to be worse in the morning. PF? Ugh.

Any thoughts appreciated.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: Why does my heel hurt? [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you drive back? And if so, how long was the drive?

After a 6 hour trip this summer I had a similar pain in my right heel. Cost me two weeks.
Quote Reply