Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM 70.3 Ohio - Thoughts?
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

Looking to plan my next season, and wondered if any of you had done IM 70.3 Ohio last year. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the course, etc. I did Muncie last year and absolutely loved it, but am always open to trying another race in my area (and could probably do both).

Thanks ahead of time.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Ohio - Thoughts? [RJSuperfreaky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought they did a really good job considering it was the first year. I was expecting it to be somewhat of a disaster due to the 2 location transitions. Some will complain about the rough roads, but I'm from OH so they were what I ride on all the time. I liked the football field T2 and the finish in the stadium.

The negatives were that the bike course was very crowded, but I suspect most IM 70.3's are pretty similar. The single biggest complaint I had about the race was the limited number of port o johns at the swim. They didn't have near enough (lets just say they were full).

I'd do the race again. I haven't done Muncie since it went IM, so I can't compare them.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Ohio - Thoughts? [wckid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a good overall race. Chattanooga 70.3 is a much better race. Thought the run was decent. Getting to and from Delaware was a lot of work. In other words get a hotel early.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Ohio - Thoughts? [RJSuperfreaky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good race. I've done Muncie several times and Steelhead once and the course is similar; nice lake swim not wetsuit legal, flat bike on slightly bumpy roads, rolling run with some sun some shade. Two transitions is never ideal but it all went smoothly. Plenty of shuttles taking people to the lake in the morning.
Quote Reply