Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How Many races this year? How many miles? How much $ ?
Quote | Reply
Just for kicks I compiled some stats. I would be interested to see what others did. My biggest take away is that I had no idea I spent so much on race entry fees.

30 races

$1027.80 in entry fees (ouch), plus another $122.00 in license costs (USAT, USCF, USATF and USCAA)

Most expensive: Timberman $145.00, Good deal.

Cheapest: 3 were free, (one comped entry to a tri, $55.00 value, two my company paid for)

12 run only

1 snow shoe

2 duathlons

8 triathlons

7 bike only

320 run miles raced

418 bike miles raced

7500 swim meters raced

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Last edited by: Tri_yoda: Nov 9, 05 16:22
Quote Reply
Re: How Many races this year? How many miles? How much $ ? [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
34 races with 4 or 5 races to go.

Mostly Du's, with a smatering of cycling & running races

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: How Many races this year? How many miles? How much $ ? [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 races so far. 2 Ironmans and 2 olympic distance tris. May do some running races at the end of the year 1/2 marathon and maybe some 5ks for fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2- 5K's
1-10K
2- 1/2 Mary's
2 1/2 IM's
1-5K swim
1-15K

All but 2 were in-town with no hotel stay.
The rest were out of town races with an average of 2-3 night stay for 3.

I'm not a camper.
I like my cable TV and room service.

Entry Fees,Food,Gas ,Expo expenses............shit adds up.

Worth every penny : )

I can only imagine how much IMNZ in 07 will set me back.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5K= Turkey Trot coming soon

10k=2 and one upcoming (one in The Hague, that was cool)

1/2 marathon= 1 and 1 upcoming

relay (three legs)=1

century ride=1

duathlon=2

tri=4

IMCDA

I have no idea how much money I spent, IM kind of breaks the bank. Close to $1500 perhaps?

Better than sitting on the couch eating Cheetos.
Last edited by: QRgirl: Nov 9, 05 17:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
18 races/events so far, two to go

4 Duathlons 5k 30k 5k $170

1 Bike Criterium $35

2 Bike TT $55

5 5k run races $80

2 10K run races $38

$ 60 for license

~ $500 for motels and driving expenses

2 Arm wrestling tournaments $35

2 5K running races to go $45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well I don't have that much detail but...

3 sprints $190

2 OD local races $200

Honu Half Ironman $175 + $250 travel

Wildflower short course $75 + $350 traveling $$$ (camped)

Local Xterra race $75

Xterra Local race in FL $75 (on family trip thank god)

Xterra Temecula $95 + $350 traveling $$$ (camped)

Xterra Richmond $95 + $700 traveling $$$ (crap...)

Xterra Tahoe $95 + $700 traveling $$$ (crap again...)

Xterra Worlds $125 + $400 travel $$$

Age Group Worlds $300

Total $$$=4250 SHIT!!!! Seriously I had no idea how much money I'd spent. I run, well attempt to run, my own graphics design company along with school and a part time job and wondered why I'm still living month to month... This answers that question;)

Definetely not traveling that much next year! Thank god I turned down that Kona slot, that would have pushed me over $5K...

crap, this thread sucks big time, I'm in a bad mood now. My new tagline is going to be

"ignorance is bliss"
Last edited by: Tai: Nov 9, 05 17:17
Quote Reply
Re: How Many races this year? How many miles? How much $ ? [Kent KS DU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"ignorance is bliss"

Oh yes it is! All but the January half involved travel out of town.

Jan: Half Marathon in SF

Mar: IM NZ (plus cost of trip to NZ); Ralph's HIM to spectate (tied in with work trip, so limited costs)

Apr: Ice Breaker sprint tri; IM AZ to spectate (free airplane ticket though)

May: Wildflower HIM; Auburn Tri/no, Du

Jun: 10K run; San Jose Intl. Tri

Jul: 10k run; Tri for Fun sprint tri; Half Vineman HIM

Aug: Barb's Race HIM; Tour of Napa Century

Sep: Auburn Century

Oct: IM Kona (plus cost of trip to HI)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How Many races this year? How many miles? How much $ ? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi tai

i'm signed up for honu '06 and noticed you only paid $250 for travel? how is this possible? i pulled up honuhalfironman.com and the hotel at mauna lani is $200 for one night only without airfare! did you score some secret package deal man?

cyclisto
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9 triathlons: 2 free $700 (including the $85 for the canceled AG championships)

1 aquabike: 145

4 bike races: 1 free $60 for other 3

1 running race: 20

$925 entry fees. I don't even want to add up my travel expenses. Paid $320 alone on flying my bike. Damn American Airlines should give me frequent flier miles for my bike!

Most expensive: AG World Championships $200 (tee shirt sucked)

Cheapest: Saint Anthony's and Westchester (free via TNT)

Swim (too much like work to figure out)

Bike: 408.1

Run: 45.3

Tri-ing for a cure.

NYtrigal's Team in Training Page

Quote Reply
Re: How Many races this year? How many miles? How much $ ? [cyclisto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, damn I think I underpriced that one:P

I think we paid around $180 and stayed two nights sharing a room. Borrowed a car and $150 for airfare (I live in the state) so about $330 for the trip. Big hint for next year, don't stay at the mauna lani, stay at the other one on the same grounds, trying to remember the name. It's a LOT nicer for the same price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For this years season (April to late Nov) I will have done 14 triathlons.

2 x IM (Australia and Kona)

1 x HALF IM

3 x OD

5 x SPRINT

2 x SPRINT off-road tri's

1 x XTRERRA MAUI

Entry fees alone US$2,205.

Please do NOT tell my wife. Hate to think what the travel costs to Australia were for 10 days with 3 of my daughters, then 7 days in Kona at Honu Half with my wife and our 4 daughters .

And...I purchased a new bike a few weeks ago...and am working on a MTB purchase soon....maybe now is not a good time to be talking MTB purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: How Many races this year? How many miles? How much $ ? [NYtrigal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the worlds T-shirt really sucked! Sorry if anyone liked it but the RD is even a friend of mine and I still think the shirt was boring and sucked. For that price and that big of an event it should have been a much nicer and more commemorative shirt. It was a funny event, it didn't really have much of a Hawaii theme to it and the cool stuff they had planned all got cancelled last minute by the ITU...
Quote Reply
Re: How Many races this year? How many miles? How much $ ? [Hairy Legs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mark, depending on when you buy you are looking for a new bike and what your price range is I might be selling my bike. I'm looking for something super light and almost hardtail like now that my mtn biking skills are almost passable as a mountain biker:) Now if I can only find that Turner Nitrous on Ebay in a size medium, everyone rides larges out there:( I'd love to keep this bike to train on as it'll handle a lot more types of terrain and is a lot more forgiving but there is no way I'm going to own 2 mountain bikes!
Quote Reply