Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another treadmill post - is this a good deal?
Quote | Reply
Costco has something called a Freemotion 2500 treadmill for $1500. It shows 4.25CHP motor. I'm still looking for more specs on it, and I don't know how wide the track is.

I've owned an older Reebok branded treadmill that we bought from costco at least 8 years ago, and it' has held up well to two of us using it for HM, HIM and 1 IM training, with about 1/3 of our runs taking place on the treadmill.

Anyone have any insigt on this Freemotion treadmill?
Quote Reply
Re: Another treadmill post - is this a good deal? [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/freemotion-2500-gs-treadmill-review

Quote Reply
Re: Another treadmill post - is this a good deal? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a link with more specs:

http://www.costco.com/FreeMotion%C2%AE-2500-Interactive-Treadmill-with-10%E2%80%9D-Touch-Screen-Display---Assembly-Required.product.100168218.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got a pretty low rating in my opinion.....
Quote Reply
Re: Another treadmill post - is this a good deal? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
got a pretty low rating in my opinion.....
Are you referring to the Treadmill doctor page?

If so, I'm not sure what to think of the review. It's heavily weighted by very low "value" score (2.8) but that seems to be weighed heavily by the fact that the MSRP is nearly $4K. The review even states that it's more like a $2K treadmill....which leads me to believe $1500 may be decent....that's why I'm curious what other's think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally speaking, that deck and base support looks weak. Although I am only comparing it to my Landice (which was a hell of a lot more than that one). The only thing you MUST do is try it out. Find somewhere where you can run on this thing and go do 30 minutes on it. You will find out pretty quickly if you like it or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found a Precor on Ebay that was from a gym. Built like a brick. I went used instead of new, but I think it's worth it for what you can get.
Quote Reply