Day 3
2 mile swim
90 mile bike
13.1 mile run
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Great Floridian [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
From my years playing competitive Golf, that can happen. People generally think that the wind blows one direction over large areas when, under certain conditions (and it's somewhat common) wind patterns can become circular in nature for a period of time. IIRC it's generally associated with an area of low pressure moving into the area.

That's what it seemed like. Wasn't a "OMG I HATE THIS HEADWIND" at any point but it was always there... And looking at the elevation gain, you can tell the barometric pressure was changing while on the ride as a cool front was moving in (I think)...

Might be back next year to do one of the shorter distances. Long Course just takes too much time to train for and I want to do more races next year.

My biggest question is now do I get a tattoo of Florida on my leg????
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Great Floridian [oktriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oktriguy wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
From my years playing competitive Golf, that can happen. People generally think that the wind blows one direction over large areas when, under certain conditions (and it's somewhat common) wind patterns can become circular in nature for a period of time. IIRC it's generally associated with an area of low pressure moving into the area.

That's what it seemed like. Wasn't a "OMG I HATE THIS HEADWIND" at any point but it was always there... And looking at the elevation gain, you can tell the barometric pressure was changing while on the ride as a cool front was moving in (I think)...

Might be back next year to do one of the shorter distances. Long Course just takes too much time to train for and I want to do more races next year.

How badass would you be to get a mdot tattoo after the finishing the GFT 140.6?? (pink)
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Great Floridian [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, saw it on a dedicated thread for that event. Not much commentary compared to AlaskaMan; and folks are bitching about the price even though it compares favorably to similar events. I hope it survives because I would like to do it. However, next year conflicts with Miami Man which hosts USAT LC NATs for a second year. Can't pass that up when it comes to Florida!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Great Floridian [dualsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dualsport wrote:
oktriguy wrote:

How badass would you be to get a mdot tattoo after the finishing the GFT 140.6?? (pink)

A friend of mine did her first 140.6 at B2B, and got a Mdot tattoo.

Neither she nor her tattoo artist have been visited by the WTC police. And anyone familiar with triathlon just makes the inference that she has completed 140.6.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Great Floridian [beastofbourbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beastofbourbon wrote:
A friend of mine did her first 140.6 at B2B, and got a Mdot tattoo.

Been in triathlon for years and I still think of Mdot as the Michigan Department of Transportation. I wonder if the Chinese will go after them for trademark infringement.

BTW, most people not in triathlon relate the Ironman symbol as being something closer to a sign they DO know the meaning of.

Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Great Floridian [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
The tacks are very unfortunate. In years of doing events in that area, I've never heard of anyone doing that. Unfortunately, the area continues to develop -- most likely attracting people who dislike the many biking events held there. I'll be back in November for the Horrible Hundred and hope there is no repeat incident. We all need to play nice out there so we can continue to 'enjoy' those hills for years to come.

Saw the following article regarding tacks tonight: http://www.clickorlando.com/...central-florida-race

Definitely been the target of some harassment by some older kids / young adults out there.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply

Prev Next