Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So, was this the great deal I think it was? (frame back on eBay!) [TomH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happens if it is the same guy selling the same frame? What can ebay do about it? (so that he doesn't try and sell it again).

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: So, was this the great deal I think it was? (frame back on eBay!) [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What happens if it is the same guy selling the same frame? What can ebay do about it? (so that he doesn't try and sell it again).
I'm not sure what they can do when it's just my word against his. However, if there continue to be problems with the seller over time, they can ban him. The trick is to make sure it's not worth the trouble for him to do bad business on eBay. It's a lot of work to deal with refunds, canceled sales, negative feedback, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: So, was this the great deal I think it was? (frame back on eBay!) [TomH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing! He's at it again, but I can no longer tell for sure if it's the same bike. A lot of work has gone into it if it is. Funky aero bars that appear to have downtube shifters on the end. It appears the frame has been painted to look like the newer FasTT style. And did he paint the aluminum beam black??? Really old box rim wheels too.

I don't think I'm going to bother trying to get the listing removed this time, I'll just send a note to the winner and let him/her know that it may be the same cracked frame I bought last year, and that it might be worth it to have it looked at closely before riding it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link? I might want to ask him some questions.....

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: So, was this the great deal I think it was? (frame back on eBay!) [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, forgot to post...

Here it is
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is simply staggering! How this guy has the balls to continually try the same scam over and over again is just beyond me.

At what point does someone have the power to take this guy down because he obviously hasn't been put off trying to sell the damn thing? This is the fourth(?) time he has listed it?

Surly at some point, trying to sell, multiple times, a dangerously cracked frame has to fall into the grounds of criminal activity?
Quote Reply
Re: So, was this the great deal I think it was? (frame back on eBay!) [wanderer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this is the third time, including when he sold it to me.

So, you're thinking it's the same bike too? I just noticed the beam is cut short just like before. I can hardly beleive it, but I think he actually painted it black so people would think it was a carbon beam.

Those downtube-shifters-on-a-stick aerobars are killing me!

By the way, the previous buyer from the last auction attempt told the guy the deal was off, and they agreed not to go through with the transaction. He thanked me for the heads-up.
Last edited by: TomH: Jul 25, 06 4:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd dare say that anyone who buys that thing deserves what they get. It's a joke, right?
Quote Reply
Re: So, was this the great deal I think it was? (frame back on eBay!) [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember, I bought it the first time knowing it had crap components. I just wanted the frame. $300 for an intact softride frame would be a good deal, unless it was cracked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just sent to seller:

Are there any cracks in the frame? Can you post close up pics to prove their aren't? No offense but I have seen way to many scams on ebay and I would like the bike but do not want to buy a cracked frame.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: So, was this the great deal I think it was? (frame back on eBay!) [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just read the play by play and asked a question also. Hopefully the seller will give it up.
Quote Reply
Re: So, was this the great deal I think it was? (frame back on eBay!) [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His response:

what? kind of pics of the frame do you want or close up

So I responded by asking about cracks where the beam meets the frame "many cases of this happening" and asked if the beam was carbon since it looks like it in the pic.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Last edited by: House: Jul 25, 06 10:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone bought it. I sent them a message with a link to this thread and told them be careful.
Quote Reply
Re: So, was this the great deal I think it was? (frame back on eBay!) [triathawhat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just sent a message as well, left all my contact info and a link to this thread as well. I hope I get to meet this guy someday. I have a funny feeling he'd have a tough time looking me in the eye.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the following reply:

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up. I am trying to cancel the transaction with paypal and my bank.

Quote Reply
Re: So, was this the great deal I think it was? (um, NO!) [Cafe Lactate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]You should look up the name "Charlie Wenzel"...relatively new internet phenomenon.

D[/reply]

Grrrr....!!! I'm on page 23 and still loving it - but I secretly hate you for posting this because it's taken up so much time to read!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply

Prev Next