Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Water bottle cages??? [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the Nitto cage. Damn nice. Just ordered two for my roadie. Silly expensive, but what the hell.
Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cages??? [6cuda6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These Specialized cages look nice: http://specialized.com/...roduct.jsp?spid=9818

Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cages??? [Maxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized are the way to go (in my opinion)...I've got the Rib Cage Pro on both my road and tri-bike and have never had a problem.

Plus they look really sharp...

-Vlad

-Vlad
------------------------------------------------------
The best kind of pain is always self-inflicted...
Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cages??? [Maxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with Maxx. The Specialized Rib cage rules. On 2 separate occassions I had the Tacx Tao cage break on me. Both times it was in the middle of a long ride. While they look cool, they don't perform their one basic function. For the past year, I have used the Rib Cage on an Xlab and NEVER had a bottle eject, even over railroad tracks w/ full bottles. It's much cheaper than the carbon ones being suggested. You can get it in a faux carbon, which I have, or a color to match the bike, and it's light. What more do you want???
Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cages??? [Alpern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You want a Tacx Tao - as seen on CSC's bikes, etc... they're super light even when not made of carbon, and are available for less than $15 each.

Well, actually now these are also available in carbon ($69): http://www.glorycycles.com/tataocafiboc.html

I have Tacx Tao on all of our bikes and do like them but they have one weekness - at least in my case, the plastic where the cage mounts to the frame has a habit of separating from the aluminum. The net effect is that when you least expect it, reaching for a bottle might result in the cage comming with the bottle - something which I have seen several times when I first started using these cages early last year but have not had a problem with recently.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cages??? [chris_gr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the PRofile stryke on my dual, and the blackburn stainless on my road bike. both are a good value and work very well.
I use the blackburns on my flatwing also.

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cages??? [cotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had one, it snapped, it launched. That's why I'm looking for new ones. Glad your works.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cages??? [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh baby, gotta get one of the Tacx carbon for the new bike I'm helping to build up. A little metallic light blue paint over the plastic portions and it'll be perfect!
Quote Reply
Re: Water bottle cages??? [6cuda6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supergo had these on sale for $20 a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.supergo.com/...d=7608&referpage=

I see they're sold out now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next