Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Levi Leipheimer just went by...
Quote | Reply
So I ran out of the office at lunch today and heading down Old Redwood Highway (Santa Rosa) when I see Levi and some other guy riding down the road. He had on a full Gerolsteiner kit but ...no helmet (Yikes don't tell Kestrel Kerri). I waved to him and he waved back. I have never met him but am told he is a very nice guy. Guess I am bored and just wanted to share that...I'm sure 95% of the population here has no idea who he is.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NO HELMET?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no helmet allows him to be more easily recognized and waved at by his adoring fans.

Burns
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, i think that's pretty damn cool, even if no one else cares.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [Burns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that is the ironic thing...probably the most famous still active athlete in town (well Joe Montana lives outside of town) and most people have no clue who he is.

I was watching the web cast of the Tour Of California press conference last week and the president of the race company (AEG I believe) kept referring to him as "Levy" (pronounced like those things that failed in New Orleans). I guess he just sat there in the audience and smiled until the guy from USA Cycling pronounced his name correctly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With his hair cut, probably he rides more aero without a helmet ;)

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was cycling about 3 weeks ago and I came up on Tyler Hamilton. He had just done a difficult descent, also with no helmet. He was nice too, I said hi and he was very friendly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"well Joe Montana lives outside of town"

I saw Joe in Healdsburg one year I was there for Vineman. I was awe'd. He is one big dude. He was nice, he smiled at my dorky awe'd grin.

... uh ... uh ... ittttttt's Jjjjjjoooeeee!
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [Burns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"no helmet allows him to be more easily recognized and waved at by his adoring fans."

Ha ha. Reminds me of Chris Farley casually walking by the line waiting to get into the Letterman show in NYC in around 1994. He gave a surprised reaction that seemed to say, "Wow, a crowd, who knew you'd be here? I have some time for a few pics and autographs."

Maybe Levi could draft behind his wife while she drives a convertable, get more to look his way. :)

He seems like a nice guy...hopefully his season goes well and he avoids cars while training.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [TriAlbany] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i shouldn't joke. i'm going gray. it's still there though.

Burns
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was living in Greenville, SC I would frequently see Hincapie riding during November and December. He always in a full Postal kit (it was a couple of years ago), no helmet and an iPod. No kidding. Pretty cool to see him, surprising to him without a helmet.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of your best relationships start with the guy not wearing a helmet. Maybe he was actually saying "Hi Kestrelkerri..."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw John Kerry out biking around Boston last Friday. Was going along at a pretty good clip, even skipped the bike path and rode in the street along Mem drive.

He was wearing a helmet...

Somebody splash some water on MattinSF, he proabably just fainted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>but am told he is a very nice guy.<<

What I've heard too. My (and Dave's) friend up there knows Odessa.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank god I'm safe.... he was wearing a helmet!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw Lance eating BBQ outside austin a few weeks ago...do I get a prize...
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw Tommy Smothers running in Sonoma once.

Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [mattyc57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was he wearing a helmet???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where's the outrage? surely the helmet nazi's on this forum should be proclaiming him to be a damned selfish fool. Or does he get a free pass because he's a pro?
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [reblAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think most of us are not surprised at pro cyclists not wearing helmets, it's pretty common amongst their ranks.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
which speaks volumes about the hypocrisy of a lot of peoples "beliefs". a pro not wearing a helmet is no better than joe schmuck tooling around his neighborhood without one at 1/3rd the speed (which I'm not against).
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [reblAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure that it is hypocracy, merely sometime that we have no influence over and have to accept. Whereas we might have some influence over our peers, rightly or wrongly.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Levi Leipheimer just went by... [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ha! that's rich...kind of like choosing what parts of the bible you want to believe in. the silence that occurs by the helmet nazi's on this forum whenever the pro's are brought up is deafening. you can't have it both ways.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, I just have to laugh whenever something like this comes up. Especially considering how many times a thread pops up about how helmetless riders are selfish idiots who are driving up the cost of health care, and anybody who goes without one at any time, regardless of the situation should be scourged in a public forum. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw David Bergman, Mark Allen, and Keith Wood getting dropped by Ron Schuman the other day. That Schuman is really somethin. You need to see this guy ride, simply amazing.

Dave Scott
Quote Reply