Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Wales [stevey028] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced Wales in 2014 and unless the course has changed a lot, I found that only a limited amount of sections qualified to be beneficial for a disc. What I remember (race-report is on here somewhere...) most downhills are short, steep or with a lot of thight turns followed instantly by a climb. Very little places to get your speed up (>50kph). I raced it with a set of 808's and was very happy with that choice.

Good luck, I still have great memories of this race and maybe will do it again in a year of 2.

Greet,

S.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wales [shamerli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shamerli wrote:
I raced Wales in 2014 and unless the course has changed a lot, I found that only a limited amount of sections qualified to be beneficial for a disc. What I remember (race-report is on here somewhere...) most downhills are short, steep or with a lot of thight turns followed instantly by a climb. Very little places to get your speed up (>50kph). I raced it with a set of 808's and was very happy with that choice.

Good luck, I still have great memories of this race and maybe will do it again in a year of 2.

Greet,

S.

All sections that aren't steep uphill (where weight will be a factor) will be beneficial for a disc, no need to be going 50kph.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wales [stevey028] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5:37:05 25th fastest.
Impressive on a tough course.
11:40:43 overall.
Happy?

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wales [DavidUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking for a cut price entry to this years race if anyone is selling theirs?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wales [LostSheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LostSheep wrote:
Looking for a cut price entry to this years race if anyone is selling theirs?

Well, yeah, 'cause that's totally legit. Ironman rules Section 2.04 f. "Any athlete that commits fraud by entering any Event under an assumed name or age, falsifying an affidavit or giving false information will be disqualified and risk suspension or expulsion from other Events;"
Quote Reply

Prev Next