Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you run with your phone? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't run outside with a phone... treadmill it's a must for my sanity.

Indoor run, phone on the treadmill water-bottle holder, wireless headphones (Urban Ears Hellas).

Wile sitting drinking coffee on a bench an a very popular run route in my area, I watched the runners.
Almost all casual runners had phone/headphones.
Almost all men had the phone on the arm.
A very large number of women carried the phone in their hand.

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Do you run with your phone? [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having a tool and neglecting to use it is very much different from not having the tool to begin with.

What I do want to know is how you old timers filled out hurt feelings reports back in the day if you thought that was a "diss"
Quote Reply
Re: Do you run with your phone? [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlyingScot wrote:
What I do want to know is how you old timers filled out hurt feelings reports back in the day if you thought that was a "diss"

You used the words "you" (which generalizes to other people) and called their behavior "kinda foolish" together. How can you not thing that's insulting?

http://www.jt10000.com/
Last edited by: jt10000: May 20, 17 12:53
Quote Reply
Re: Do you run with your phone? [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
FlyingScot wrote:

You used the words "you" (which generalizes to other people) and called their behavior "kinda foolish" together. How can you not thing that's insulting?

If you're insulted by someone thinking that neglecting a now-readily-available safety precaution in a sport where injury is a reasonably common occurrence is "kinda foolish", then I am at a loss for words, that's gotta be one of the milder opinions in the history of Slowtwitch.

Regardless, don't take the opinions of complete strangers on the internet so personally, there are too many other things in life far more worthy of raising your blood pressure!
Quote Reply
Re: Do you run with your phone? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I run, bike and swim to get away from my phone and the internet.

You guys don't want me near the internet when I am training. That's 2 hour of time per day, I can't get on ST!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:

1. Do you carry your phone when running?
2. Is it connected (wireless) to another device? What device?
3. How do you carry it? In your hand, in a fanny pack? Something else?

Thanks, John

1. Recently started to, esp, for long runs. I listen to podcasts (usually The Dollop).
2. Wireless earbuds - Jabra Elite Sport. They're the reason I've started really. They're brilliant.
3. Neoprene armband on the inside of my right forearm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Yes
2. No
3. Arm Band

Kind of the deal with wife and kids to be able to call me if needed.

Also use Road ID APP dropping crumbs so they know where I am. Also can find me if i drop dead.
Quote Reply

Prev Next