Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quintuple Iron Mexico...the contenders ;-)
Quote | Reply
First of all CONGRATULATIONS to IMFers. Ultra stuff started for me there, and so my heart was with you ALL day yesterday (and yes even into the late night).

Promised some people I would alert them to the race. I sent out a few emails, and then AOL shut me down..so here you are. Race starts in a few short hours. Gotta LOVE noon starts. For those I have talked into going long, might I suggest considering Monterray. Our pre-race (and post-race) consisted of a buffet at the Crown Plaza, that would be lobster thermadore, steak, wine, ect for 4+ hours..oh my this isn´t Deca Hawaii.

TEN Countries are represented for the First Quintuple World Championship. Excuse me for butchering names right now..I am a little amped :-)

FRANCE: Emanuel Conroix- I think the overall winner. Sweetest man on this planet. Most humblest individual and a pleasure to watch zoom by. Guy Rossi- will physically sleep on the bike and finish high up-8 time deca finisher (over half the field has done deca but he holds the record for the most) and in his 50s, stud of studs. He asked me to set up camp next to the French, so not so much sleep is allowed for me this race. Alane Dupuies - I know I spelled that wrong. PURPLE hair for the event..love Alane. He too is in his 50s and will absolutely jam.

Switzerland: Beat pretty much sums it all up right there. This guy just brings laughter to the course and always busts my chops. The guy is a machine. He might end up high in the standings which is sad because my fun then disappears from the course.

Italy: Vincenzo Catalano he and I will race close to each other. LOVE Vincenzo.

Austria: Manuella Resnick she will SMOKE during the race as in cigarettes. Totally cracks me up. She is a trooper and I have to keep my eye on her during the bike.

Ghernsey: Michael Ward I think this is a COuntry...and I KNOW I spelled it wrong. He is one of the dark horses to finish high. I like Mik.

Singapore: Harn he also is a dark horse. Those from Boston might now him for he is studying at MIT. I think he will have a very strong finish.

Brazil: Sergio uh yeah he is going to kick tail. 50 somehting and at some point will run barefoot. Amazing man. He will finish top 3.

Mexico: Mario Rodriguez- I think top 3. Wicked fast and humble. Roberto (ż) strong athlete and if I have the name right will finish in the top half..maybe higher. Isomething-I barely understood the name my Spanish is way too slow. He is expected to go fast. Carlos - I like Carlos, I think he will have a fun race, I know he has already put a smile on my face one too many times. Sylvia - I would be shocked if she didn,t finish first for females and really high overall. Yep going to get kicked by a 50 yr old grandmother. She is also the ONLY female in the world to do a double deca--nice right. Keyta -I know that is spelled wrong but thats how it sounds. She was a tad bit nervous yesterday, I think she too will have a fun race.

Great Britain- My favorite people. Arthur Puckrin- He is 67 and will have a fantastic bike will get off a full day ahead of me. This man is simply unbelievable and at the press conference asked me to dance and I knew better, he was out there for over 20 minutes. Suraya Oliver- she got me at the Deca I am aiming for her here :-) she is an incredible athlete and I have to keep a close eye on her.

USA: Todd Heady- dark horse. He has problems with the word GO. Once he hears that he doesn,t know any other speed but fast. I think I have talked his wife Cynthia into a Deca next year..so if anyone knows this family, work on them for me. Todd Zurgiski - another unknown. Excited to see him race. and last...Eileen Steil--me--just planning on having fun for a few days.

Time to go at least eat breakfast. For those that like ultra land, words cannot express how first class this event is, I am just in awe. Watched the half and full yesterday and am just amazed at the athletes. The course is BEAUTIFUL. Surrounded by majestic mountains and khamikazi geese. I just hope to not nail one. Have a beautiful week :-)

You can follow online for your Country: www.multisport-mx.com

Quote Reply
Re: Quintuple Iron Mexico...the contenders ;-) [Eileen Steil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eileen,

This is so cool and a little surreal. My thoughts will be with you. Thanks for posting the update, and make sure that you let us know how it all shakes down. I will make sure that I have enough time to read your race report.

Have fun and be safe,

Bernie

Quote | Reply
GO EILEEN! Can't wait for your RR!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck Eileen!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever happened to that Double Iron in ALabama?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marblez,

Doesn't your recent Deca kinda make this seem like a HALF???

Have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintuple Iron Mexico...the contenders ;-) [Simple Stevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crap

am i allowed to say that on here? could use some running vibes--new asics although pink are really holding up. feel good--gained a mere 25 lbs on the bike..lovely. last year tno got me out of my funk and this year it was a quick 4 hour sleep..but could use a new brain--lost the lead but have plans to snatch it back, or at least finish this beast. if i never say this again..this is stupid and fun all in one...that was for stevie. I am in stealth mode right now waiting to see what she is doing..have to hide somewhere she wouldn.t think of looking ;-)
Quote Reply