Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp UK Restricting Sales To US?
Quote | Reply
Been eying a 404 from PBK, took another look at it today and go a 404. Then searched Zipp in their wheels section and found "
Unfortunately Zipp products are restricted from sale to the USA Please click on the images below to see our current range of the latest wheelsets, stems, bars and seatposts from these leading premium brands."
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp UK Restricting Sales To US? [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably due to the post-Brexit beating the pound took. Zipp doesn't want to jack the UK prices way up, but also doesn't want US buyers doing FOREX arbitrage.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp UK Restricting Sales To US? [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:
Been eying a 404 from PBK, took another look at it today and go a 404. Then searched Zipp in their wheels section and found "
Unfortunately Zipp products are restricted from sale to the USA Please click on the images below to see our current range of the latest wheelsets, stems, bars and seatposts from these leading premium brands."

IME buying a cycling product that has been produced overseas from overseas can make sense, but buying an american product from overseas is rarely a good deal.

i've not seen great deals on zipp products in the UK/EU in the past.

that said, restrictions like what you described are not uncommon.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp UK Restricting Sales To US? [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$870 for a 2016 Zipp 404 FC clincher was a pretty good deal and this was 2 days ago. I know Specialized forbade UK shops from shipping to the US last year. I got a pair of SWorks trishoes for $150 less than here in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp UK Restricting Sales To US? [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently purchased a Zipp wheelset from PBK at a substantial discount to what was available in the US (and I live in indianapolis!)
Quote Reply