Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P3 upgrade recommendations
Quote | Reply
Bought my first tri-bike a couple years ago, a 2009 Cervelo P3. About a year ago I bought deep dish wheels and BTA hydration. I have my position in a good place, I'm sure there's always room for improvement. I'm looking for some upgrades without buying a new bike. The bike has the Ultegra brakes and Vision aerobars. I'm going to upgrade the brakes, likely with the tririgs. Are there recommendations for upgrading the aerobars? A particular 3T that test well? I've seen mixed feedback on the TriRig Alpha.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 upgrade recommendations [mkng1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What negative feedback have you seen about the Alpha bars? That was going to be my first suggestion. I am planning to put the Alpha X on my bike eventually.

Other than the bars, there is not much else on that bike that is in the wind. Getting bars without the up-turned brakes on the base bar would probably help some.

You could upgrade to a lighter, cleaner crankset, but that really won't make a huge difference.

This is Tririg's drag chart for the old Alpha C, and they are confident that the X is even better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I added the Zipp Vuka Stealth aerobars to my 2011 P2. http://www.zipp.com/bars/vuka-stealth/

Definitely add the TriRig Omega X brakes. http://ero-sports.com/...tririg-omega-x-brake

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 upgrade recommendations [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only mixed feedback has been on the forums in terms of adjustability if you want to angle your pads or prefer s-bend extensions. The feedback certainly wasn't on the aerodynamics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. That is exactly what I was curious about... I have Felt's Bayonet 3 with their "f" bend, and I am deciding that the bar ends do not fit my natural, comfortable hand position. I think I would like longer ski bend extensions much more. So, the Alpha X is OK from that point of view. But, I am also thinking I might like angled arm pads as well. So, I am holding out until Tririg introduces that option.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 upgrade recommendations [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That option is coming later this summer.

http://www.tririg.com/galleries.php?id=2016_05_Jesse_Thomas_Wildflower_Alpha_X_Omega_X&num=5

tweets.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 upgrade recommendations [siegfried08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That option is coming next week :-)

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 upgrade recommendations [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected.

tweets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to the update. I assume any changes in aero testing will be released with it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
That option is coming next week :-)

my wife just asked if I was happy to see her and if something was in my pocket.....told her no I had just read this post.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mkng1 wrote:
Bought my first tri-bike a couple years ago, a 2009 Cervelo P3. About a year ago I bought deep dish wheels and BTA hydration. I have my position in a good place, I'm sure there's always room for improvement. I'm looking for some upgrades without buying a new bike. The bike has the Ultegra brakes and Vision aerobars. I'm going to upgrade the brakes, likely with the tririgs. Are there recommendations for upgrading the aerobars? A particular 3T that test well? I've seen mixed feedback on the TriRig Alpha.

Bars is a good suggestion. You don't necessarily need mega expensive Alpha bars to upgrade, I found a nice low stack set of Devox Bayonet bars on ebay for a hundred bucks. But if you can basically clean up the front end, sort out the cables (may need to take the drill out gulp!), put on an aero brake, you won't be far off superbike aerodynamics. Yours might have the older forks, that could be worth a think about.

Here's some food for thought. I've since lowered the stem even further with a slamthatstem headset cover, and I'm swapping out the extensions for ski bend in reverse which will let me raise my hands the amount I want without having to adjust the base bar angle. I'm also planning to drill in some bosses on the top tube to fit the Torhans aero bento which I'll modify to snug right up behind the stem and hide the shifter cables.

Also have Hed Jet 9 at the front, a flat disc at the back (works well with the curved seat tube on the P3C), and a Quarq.

But the point is, if you look at it from the front you can tell that with a little care and attention there is very little for the wind to see at low yaw. I'm confident that mine is a fast bike.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 upgrade recommendations [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think the Omega X will have the same benefit on a Canyon Aeroad? Compared to the standard Shimano Ultegra brake?

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply