Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skin suit worth spending money on for non-wetsuit legal IM
Quote | Reply
I am doing the IM Mallorca in September. The sea swim will be very warm and therefore a non wetsuit swim. I am an average swimmer with a time around 1:10-1:15 for the IM swim. Is it worthwhile spending money on a skin suit (Huub, Blueseventy)?
Cheers guys
Quote Reply
Re: Skin suit worth spending money on for non-wetsuit legal IM [AlexS321] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely! Personally I have and like the Blue Seventy. What I like best is wearing my kit underneath it really smooths things out. I have actually had my very best swims, competitively, in the swimskin . . . even over the wetsuit. No restriction on movement whatsoever. I highly recommend giving it a try.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Skin suit worth spending money on for non-wetsuit legal IM [AlexS321] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you think you need one (I know I do), AND if you know for sure it's going to be a non-wetsuit legal race, then the money is spend worthwhile.

But before you start forking out cash...

...In Mallorca, the days leading up to the 2015-race were hot. Adding the fact the island had a fair share of summer temperatures during the previous months, the water was very warm. There was a massive demand for skin suits at the expo, and during practice swims, wetsuits were a minority.

During the race briefing, while being baked in the afternoon sun, it turned out to be a wetsuit legal race... go figure!

Peter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you aren't gonna kq I would just wear a wetsuit anyway
Quote Reply
Re: Skin suit worth spending money on for non-wetsuit legal IM [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you have this option in Europe races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlexS321 wrote:
I am doing the IM Mallorca in September. The sea swim will be very warm and therefore a non wetsuit swim. I am an average swimmer with a time around 1:10-1:15 for the IM swim. Is it worthwhile spending money on a skin suit (Huub, Blueseventy)?
Cheers guys

Definitely worth it. Get one.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering what triathletes spend there money on a skin suit is a worthwhile investment. I'm using an Xterra one this season and have been pleasantly surprised by how well it works.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one.

'I don't know' ... is the answer. Maybe a little bit of time gained but nothing in the wetsuit range. It feels nice. I seem to have swum quite well in it.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply