Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timberman swim
Quote | Reply
Hi folks,

Can someone provide some recon on the Timberman Swim? Where is the sun? Is it ever an issue? How about chop? Any reccomendations on the tin

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman swim [hwangnyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will need a wetsuit.

Last couple years, they staggered the starts by age groups. Pros first, and then oldest to youngest. If you are a good swimmer, you will pass a lot of older swimmers.

Start is from a standing position in approx 3 feet of water.

You go straight out approx 0.4 miles, turn right, swim 0.4 miles parallel to the shore, turn right again, and swim to an exit on the other side of transition.

I don't recall the sun being an issue.

Water visibility is pretty good. You can see the people near you easily.

No wetsuit peelers, as I recall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the details above are point on. I didn't do it last year but the two years prior there were wetsuit strippers. I'm not an awesome swimmer, I think I swam 28 mins both years there and if you go off towards the back it sucks swimming through the masses. I do remember that being the only downfall to that swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on exactly what time your swim wave goes off and how clear it is, the sun can be in your eyes when you turn right and swim parallel to the shore. It can be a pain but the course is well marked. It can also get fairly choppy with later swim waves with boat traffic and if the wind kicks up. But it is usually a really nice swim in a nice, clear lake.
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman swim [Emzee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Immediately above re sun is correct, I've done it twice. Very good visibility in water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its a great swim, never overall crowned, great visibility (from what i am used to) normaly one of my faster 1/2 IM swims

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply