Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Deda AeroBlue or Profile Carbon X
Quote | Reply
Any one on Deda AeroBlue?

I'm trying to decide between the Deda and Profile Carbon bars. I can find lots of information on the Profile bars but nothing on the Deda.

Can anyone help?
Quote Reply
Re: Deda AeroBlue or Profile Carbon X [Topher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the deda are about 150g lighter than the carbon X.
main difference is material (alu versus carbon) and
the profile have a flat base whereas the deda have a drop.
there is more adjustability on the deda as you can rotate the whole thing around the stem and use the stem parallel to the ground (gets you lower) or with a 5 degree raise. pads are fully adjustable in width and also back and forth as the whole base moves with respect to the stem.

I am selling the deda aeroblue in good condition for $150 with dura ace bar end shifters if interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a look at the Deda Aero black with Clip Black bars. I have a

that set up on my Kestrel and I think its a great set up, with the advantage over the Carbon X of combining it with any stem length (particularly nice with the Deda magnesium 00!). And its sexy as hell!!

Julian in England.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Deda AeroBlue or Profile Carbon X [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with JK on this.. Deda Aero Black + Deda Black clip... awesome pair! Love mine!

=====================================
For one who has no objective, nothing is relevant. (Confucius)
=====================================
Quote Reply
Re: Deda AeroBlue or Profile Carbon X [postmanpat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Deda AeroBlue, and its very stiff. One down side on the Aeroblue is the extension will not accept an aero-water bottle. I also dont think its the most 'aero' TT bar but I don't have any data to back that up. The main reason I have it on my C'dale is I still want an STI shifter on my right side and this TT bar accepts STI shifters very well.

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like them both, the Deda has had some pretty famous failures with their aerobars, I think they've been sorted out. I know that profile has a great customer service department and carrys parts from equipment that is years old.

This seems to be a deal that would my decision.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3644329470&category=27951&rd=1

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously.. I wouldn't even consider the Carbon X bars when you can get HED's or the Oval Concepts one-piece bars. Far more adjustable... a superior design in every aspect. Not sure what the price dif is.

The Aeroblues are kinda cool, and super light... I don't like the drop in the base bar though.

My .02 CDN
Quote Reply