Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming: The Woodlands, TX?
Quote | Reply
Hello Folks,

Can anyone, recommend a good place to get a swim session in The Woodlands, TX? (place that accepts a day fee)

Muchas Gracias!
G
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming: The Woodlands, TX? [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two options that I know of are the Woodlands Y (25y indoor) and the CISD Natatorium (50m) where the Woodlands swim team practices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd suggest asking snappingT if you can drop in with Magnolia Masters.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming: The Woodlands, TX? [scooter58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scooter58 wrote:
Two options that I know of are the Woodlands Y (25y indoor) and the CISD Natatorium (50m) where the Woodlands swim team practices.

Second CISD, it is a great place.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming: The Woodlands, TX? [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Refreshing this for any others that are IM Texas bound this week/next week and about to ask the question.

I'll be checking out the CISD pool on Sunday myself - hoping it's outdoors too!
https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Aquatic+Center+-+CISD+Natatorium/@30.1813858,-95.4587427,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8647371d50b4a897:0x874040374fd948bd!8m2!3d30.1849239!4d-95.4467371

Quote Reply
Re: Swimming: The Woodlands, TX? [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'll be checking out the CISD pool on Sunday myself -

Call ahead to verify that it's open, i.e. don't trust the website, especially for weekend hours.

Quote:
hoping it's outdoors too!

It's not.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming: The Woodlands, TX? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks. Will keep looking if needed seem to be a few around there anyway ta.

If one is recommended over the CISD please let me know. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok bit more searching and seems the Magnolia Masters group swim nearby at Creekwood pool in The Woodlands. Suitable sessions early am's also for anyone else interested - they have a fb and web page easily found.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If one is recommended over the CISD please let me know.

It's by far the best pool in the area and also one of the only one's with drop-in public hours. The others are community pools or health club pools that would require access privileges. It's just unfortunate that the hours can be less than reliable on the weekend. Fortunately, I don't think there's a club/youth meet this coming weekend - which is usually the main culprit in screwing up the hours. The next club meet is actually IMTX weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have a rental car and some time, go down to lake 288 in Pearland. It's a swimming/kayaking only lake that's about 800m per lap. Great place for open water swim practice. They have a website with all info, costs $9 to get in and swim all you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming: The Woodlands, TX? [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
If you have a rental car and some time, go down to lake 288 in Pearland. It's a swimming/kayaking only lake that's about 800m per lap. Great place for open water swim practice. They have a website with all info, costs $9 to get in and swim all you want.

THIS^^^^

Typically, Friday afternoon's Houston Racing Triathlon Club has open water swimming at this lake. A lot of folks show up for it. Water is sometimes gnarly sometimes not.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Twin Lakes SCUBA Park also is a nice place to get a OWS session in. It's an aquifer-fed lake--not a retention pond like many of our "lakes" around here--that is tested quarterly to ensure water quality/safety. It's in the Pearland/Manvel area.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming: The Woodlands, TX? [BGNole97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BGNole97 wrote:
Twin Lakes SCUBA Park also is a nice place to get a OWS session in. It's an aquifer-fed lake--not a retention pond like many of our "lakes" around here--that is tested quarterly to ensure water quality/safety. It's in the Pearland/Manvel area.

This. If I'm driving that far south to go swim, I'll drive just a little past 288 Lake to go to Twin Lakes. If you have family/kids with you, it will have to be Twin Lakes, 288 won't even let them in as spectators (for insurance purposes, I'd imagine).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fazz wrote:
Ok bit more searching and seems the Magnolia Masters group swim nearby at Creekwood pool in The Woodlands. Suitable sessions early am's also for anyone else interested - they have a fb and web page easily found.

If anyone is interested in dropping in on any workouts, please let me know. The website has the schedule and pool locations where we swim. The Magnolia Masters Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/magnoliamasters is where we post any changes to the schedule.

Tim

http://www.magnoliamasters.com
http://www.snappingtortuga.com
http://www.swimeasyspeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Villa Sport. They have a great facility!
Quote Reply