Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GoldenCheetah Import?
Quote | Reply
I have a ton of running GPX files I'm trying to import into GoldenCheetah. The software seems to consider them all as bike activities. Is there anyway to bulk edit them all to be runs? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah Import? [mcnnr27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcnnr27 wrote:
I have a ton of running GPX files I'm trying to import into GoldenCheetah. The software seems to consider them all as bike activities. Is there anyway to bulk edit them all to be runs? Thanks!

GPX files don't carry sport information so the Sport field cannot be set automatically on import, you can tag all activities without Sport field using this filter expression on the search/filter box at the upper right corner:
set(Sport, "Run", !isset(Sport))
See https://github.com/...-Topics_SearchFilter about how to use the search/filter box.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah Import? [Ale Martinez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ale Martinez wrote:
mcnnr27 wrote:

GPX files don't carry sport information so the Sport field cannot be set automatically on import, you can tag all activities without Sport field using this filter expression on the search/filter box at the upper right corner:

set(Sport, "Run", !isset(Sport))
See https://github.com/...-Topics_SearchFilter about how to use the search/filter box.

Thanks!

Is there a way to do a pace histogram instead of a speed histogram, as a trend, not for a single activity? Would be nice to see min/mi on the x-axis instead of mph/kph... Even the zone shading doesn't work for me in trend view (though it does work for a single activity)...

Using latest development build, OS X.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcnnr27 wrote:
Is there a way to do a pace histogram instead of a speed histogram, as a trend, not for a single activity? Would be nice to see min/mi on the x-axis instead of mph/kph... Even the zone shading doesn't work for me in trend view (though it does work for a single activity)...

No, but in the speed histogram you can see the speed in pace units hovering the mouse cursor over the histogram (aka tooltip) when "Show in Zones" is unchecked, zone shading is enabled only for a single activity where zones are well defined, for date ranges in Trends zones may be different at different dates so zone shading is disabled. Show in Zones -default or polarized- is enabled since the classification is done using the zones active for the date of the workout.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: GoldenCheetah Import? [Ale Martinez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ale Martinez wrote:
mcnnr27 wrote:

No, but in the speed histogram you can see the speed in pace units hovering the mouse cursor over the histogram (aka tooltip) when "Show in Zones" is unchecked, zone shading is enabled only for a single activity where zones are well defined, for date ranges in Trends zones may be different at different dates so zone shading is disabled. Show in Zones -default or polarized- is enabled since the classification is done using the zones active for the date of the workout.

OK thanks. Just a couple more questions:

-Any way to change the scale of the x-axis? Microscopic bins of high speed are forcing the interesting part of my histogram to the left...
-For "show in zones" - I tried going to Preferences, Athlete, Pace Zones and changing everything there - critical velocity - the zones based on min/mi paces - the zones as percentages in the default tab - but my histogram never changes... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcnnr27 wrote:
Ale Martinez wrote:
mcnnr27 wrote:

-Any way to change the scale of the x-axis? Microscopic bins of high speed are forcing the interesting part of my histogram to the left...
-For "show in zones" - I tried going to Preferences, Athlete, Pace Zones and changing everything there - critical velocity - the zones based on min/mi paces - the zones as percentages in the default tab - but my histogram never changes... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again!

Figured out zooming in at least...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcnnr27 wrote:
mcnnr27 wrote:
Ale Martinez wrote:
mcnnr27 wrote:

Thanks again!

Figured out zooming in at least...

I am also getting grossly different histograms depending on whether I set units to Imperial or Metric in the Preferences... Sorry for all the trouble - this is powerful software but just having some difficulty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcnnr27 wrote:
May be one of this:
1) From Date: zones apply for workouts starting from the date in the first column of the table, check you are changing the ones
2) Default is just the scheme used to compute limits for each zone in the zone details panel when you add or change CV, but they are not used to recompute the existing zones automatically.
For more details see: https://github.com/...ete_Training%20Zones

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply