Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Northeasters: Pumpkinman or Rev3?
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to decide between Pumpkinman half and Rev3 Maine - anyone have any strong feelings for either race plus or minus?
Quote Reply
Re: Northeasters: Pumpkinman or Rev3? [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've raced them both - and really like both for different reasons. Pumpkinman's bike course is great... rolling and really fast. Rev3 has an ocean swim, which is a fun change of pace, and a VERY flat run that's roughly half on dirt. Both are very well run events - with lots of great volunteers. Parking at Rev3 is a little bit of a hassle as you have to pay separately to park as it's all down at the beach front. This year is Pumpkinman's 10 year anniversary - so they've been around the block a few times and know how to put on a great event. Post race food at pumpkinman can't be beat - it's a huge feast (think Thanksgiving dinner) if you want it. Rev3 has been hit or miss over the past 2 years (Delicious tacos 2 years ago ... then soggy small wraps last year).

Have fun up there whichever way you choose...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cestmoi wrote:
I'm trying to decide between Pumpkinman half and Rev3 Maine - anyone have any strong feelings for either race plus or minus?

If I were only allowed to race one race very year it would be Rev3 Maine. Parking isn't an issue if you are staying in town. All the lodging in town is no more than about a 1/2 mile walk to transition. And if you like seafood, spring for the extra $25.00 for the post-race lobster bake. It is, bar none, my favorite race.

I have not done Pumpkinman.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Re: Northeasters: Pumpkinman or Rev3? [Mr. October] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks much for both inputs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
done both. rev3 all the way...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both are great, it's a toss up.

Swim I'd give to rev 3. Ocean, parallel to shore.
Bike I'm going pretty strong to pumpkinman. Safe, more rural, better road quality vs rev.
Run, slight edge to rev 3 Maine. One out and back, second half on hard packed trails in the marsh lands. Challenge Roth-like.

That being said I'm slightly more jazzed to go back to pumpkinman. The race has a lot of character, it's very safe, lot of passion behind it and the best post race meal I've had. Can't go wrong with either though.
Quote Reply