Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CDA 70.3
Quote | Reply
Anyone racing here this weekend?
Rainy day today but looks like the weather will improve for race day with sun and warm temps for Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: CDA 70.3 [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mom plus a TON of locals I know are in. This race was hugely popular when announced. I'll be out spectating :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Coming up from Boulder along with a few other friends.
Quote Reply
Re: CDA 70.3 [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! You doing packet pickup today or tomorrow? I'll try to grab you picture during the race, although i'm not sure if my camera shutter speed is fast enough ;)
If we're in the same place at the same time id love to say hi :)
Quote Reply
Re: CDA 70.3 [Cervelokid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be picking up tomorrow. Hope to see you there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok. I'm working tomorrow, but hope to see you raceday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not racing this year, but today at work I made up the intranasal lorazepam doses for the med tent. Weather should be great on Sunday, good luck to all the ST'ers racing.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pro panel tomorrow with Ben Hoffman, Andy Potts, Heather Jackson and Kelly Williamson! Going to be a great race! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, assuming you're racing, what's your bib #? I'll keep an eye out for you when i'm spectating!

That goes for any other peeps that want some st cheering :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm #1159, Mandy. I'll take cheering, please, as well as, go fast vibes!

Looking forward to the race!

Mandy
Quote Reply
Re: CDA 70.3 [Wilddaizy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not racing, but I'll be volunteering at the bike checkout for you guys between 12-5. Tall guy with a shaved head? Say hey.

Good luck everyone. I rode the course last week, it's clean and solid. Should be a good day. Also, word is officials will be turning a blind eye on drafting right up on NW blvd, etc, due to crowding. Don't hold me to that, but that's what I've heard.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm racing. Getting kind of stressed now. I had to duck out of the briefing early and I'm still wondering how to set up transition. Do people bring their transition bags? And what's the deal with the gear bag? The final info sheet says you put your wetsuit in there. Is that just to keep people from hanging them on the racks? Or are you supposed to put other gear in there to pick it up during transition? I'm wondering if I should leave my cellphone at home because I don't want to put it in a bag with my wetsuit...
Last edited by: avogler4: Jun 25, 16 12:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just saw your bike by a tree a few minutes ago, but my parents dragged me away before you came back to it :(

Great race though to everyone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody have any feedback/race recaps to share?
Thinking of doing this is 2017
Quote Reply
Re: CDA 70.3 [arca_tern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed the race. Weather-wise we could not have asked for a better day, so that certainly helped with my impressions. (I raced the full last year when it was 106 deg in town, and hotter on the bike course.) Sunny, no wind, and temps in the 70's felt amazing. The lake is really nice, water temp was nice, on the cooler side which I liked. Water is clean. The rolling swim start was good, I had plenty of room on the swim. It did however make for a crowded bike course, at least for those of us who are slow swimmers. The bike course is hilly, which I liked and which helped to split folks up a bit. The run is well supported, just hilly enough to make it interesting without really making it challenging. Pretty run next to the lake. The whole town comes out to support so you really feel special (and a little silly) running down Sherman to the finish line. I'll be back next year and I certainly recommend it. Though as I said we had perfect weather. I might feel differently if it was windy, or cold, or a furnace like last year. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved the race (self seed rolling starts are much better than a wave start)

Water was close to perfect for swimming
I would have appreciated shorter runs into transition.
Bike is challenging but not ridiculous (there was too much blocking on the descents, but not much drafting overall)
Run had amazing crowd support (although, i am not sure all the locals understand full vs half)

The weather was nearly perfect (I overcooked the bike a bit, under hydrated, and flirted with significant heat issues on the run... but that was my poor race execution, not the race's fault.)

I do the same thing as them, just slower
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
arca_tern wrote:
Anybody have any feedback/race recaps to share?
Thinking of doing this is 2017

Definitely do it. Fantastic race. Excellent course and venue. Everything was super easy and organized. The course was really fun and fair. I don't think you could get much better for a 70.3

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team