Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yoga and Zen Breathing Techniques
Quote | Reply
I see are inching their ways, or have, into sports training and sports injury prevention and relief. There's a good piece on how these have benefitted some top athletes, including tri professionals in "Outside" magazine this month.

In light of this, there's a lot of ITBS posts on here, and I just want to spread the good news, that if you can do the King Pigeon Pose below, link below, I think we can say you are and will be trouble free. Here goes.

[url]http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/863_1.cfm[/url]

Good luck on this one. See you in the ER.

Out.
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga and Zen Breathing Techniques [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually if you just do the Pigeon you should be fine. that's the same as the photo but the back leg is straight out on the floor (Quads down) and the upper body is leaning forward (forehead on the floor). the arms are palm down on the floor too, i can't remember if elbows are bent.

real simple, great stretch.

have fun

Quote | Reply
I took a two night breathing class from my massage therapist, Sandra Papiez, and I benefitted from it substantially. It was incorporated relaxation techniques and a lot of other things. I initially thought this would be a little too "new age" for my taste. It wasn't. I learned a lot.

Working on my breathing has enabled me to dramatically raise my ability to accomodate discomfort while exercising. I can push through darn near anything. That's good.

I can also hold my breath longer than I could before, an odd spin off.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply