Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by bradbowerman
Re: Best Tri Sunglasses for Women? [bradbowerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bradbowerman wrote:
To all the female ST'ers - my wife's birthday is coming up and I was looking for the best tri sunglasses out there for women? Preferably red/black with quality, dark lenses? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Looking to keep price point between $100-$150.

Thanks!

I guess it comes down to what is "best". If you want to go fast a rimless sunglasses is your best choice. If for a birthday gift maybe this isn't appropriate way to say what you want to say, then again you could always spend the extra cash on something else that might be more romantic. Anyway, this came up a couple of times and I got tired of re-writing the same thing over and over again on threads so just wrote it up as a blog post.

http://www.thomasgerlach.com/...ling-sunglasses.html

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Best Tri Sunglasses for Women? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'd fear that most safety glasses are designed for wide-headed men, thus depending on her head shape, these might be too wide. (FWIW, my wife has tried on my rubicons and while a little wide, not terrible).

For $150, buy 10 pairs of different ones (~$100), have her try 'em all on, then buy her 5 more of the best ($50). You'll have a big box of shades for yourself or to give away to friends and she'll have spares when they inevitably break, scratch, get lost, etc.

...or roll the dice on some Oakleys that may not fit right and are likely not rated to as high of a safety standard.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Tri Sunglasses for Women? [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:

I'd fear that most safety glasses are designed for wide-headed men, thus depending on her head shape, these might be too wide. (FWIW, my wife has trtied on my rubicons and while a little wide, not terrible).

For $150, buy 10 pairs of different ones (~$100), have her try 'em all on, then buy her 5 more of the best ($50). You'll have a big box of shades for yourself or to give away to friends and she'll have spares when they inevitably break, scratch, get lost, etc.

...or roll the dice on some Oakleys that may not fit right and are likely not rated to as high of a safety standard.

I was a Rudy Project athlete and my biggest complaint was they were too wide for my face. They were always falling off in races and I was losing them constantly. It was so bad that actually stopped wearing them and went back to some Oakleys. The rubicons, although the safety glasses, have a nice secure fit. I also always try to tighten up the hinge screw to help keep them even more tight. I have not lost one off my face yet, but if I did the cost isn't a big deal.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife keeps taking my Scott PivLock sunglasses out when she rides. They are my favorite and also apparently hers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tifosi makes a small version of most of the glasses. I have two pairs of their polychromatic sunglasses, and they stay in place very well and are lightweight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She needs to pick them herself! Eyeglass choices are very personal. That said, I am fan of Oakley Flak Jacket.... But really, gift certificate to store, and go with her to help her choose....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oakley also makes smaller sunglasses for women. My pet peeve is anything that looks like it was sized to fit a 6'2" man when I am barely a 5'2" woman (this happens a LOT).

http://www.theclymb.com just had a sale on women's sunglasses, which I missed because I waited too long to buy. Now that I've missed the boat once, I am actively on the lookout for a smaller pair of sunglasses as well.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Best Tri Sunglasses for Women? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a very good idea to gift sunglasses to your wife on her birthday. Red/black or any dark lens is a good idea, but you can also go for some assorted colors. There are many wholesale designer sunglasses distributors that have a lovely collection of women's eye wear and accessories. You'll get an idea of what exactly to gift your wife.
Quote Reply