Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 or OLY and why? [Crfdude86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer the Olympic distance because I like to go fast and race at threshold effort. The 70.3 distance is fun too, but much more of a metered effort and endurance challenge.

I feel like the 1500m - 40kTT - 10k run is the perfect balanced test of fitness without requiring a ton of recovery time.

BUT you might really like the 70.3 distance so if you're interested don't hesitate to give it a go!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer sprint/olympic distance. I like to race hard and race often...can't really do that with 70.3's due to recovery time and they are of course more expensive.

Reason to do Ironman branded races is the competition for sure.

Lastly, I probably also like to do what I'm best at, which is shorter stuff. If I was better at the half distance I would probably do more of them.

Try it out and see what you think.

Race Reports, etc -- Bob's Bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both. Because doing the same thing all the time would be uninteresting for me. Different distances present different approaches and challenges.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 or OLY and why? [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The atmosphere at Olys is more intense. People are not as interactive while racing at threshold. Now that WTC is encouraging multi-loop runs, there is always a crowd out there... adding to the experience. I like to swim, so its nice to get some credit during the Olys, but I enjoy biking at 85% more that 90%. Longer races add the challenge of race execution, probably my strongest "event." I've averaged 3 Oly and two longer races each year for the past 35 years. I have done many "short" and "longer" classics, plenty of which were not produced by WTC... lots of great memories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im going to reply again and say that short course is more fun for me because I love the struggle of holding my FTP near the maximum and then having to run on dead legs. That pain hurts so good.

Sprints are a blast too because it is full freakin' blast the whole entire time.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 or OLY and why? [Wild Horse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wild Horse wrote:
. Now that WTC is encouraging multi-loop runs, there is always ... .

..the ready opportunity to chop that second loop. (T3)

"If everything seems in control, you aren't going fast enough" -- Mario Andretti
Quote Reply

Prev Next