Prev Next
Re: Which ROKA swimskin? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you had a chance to swim in it yet? I still haven't, maybe tomorrow
Quote Reply
Re: Which ROKA swimskin? [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't even tried it on yet

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Which ROKA swimskin? [Tbam327] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tbam327 wrote:
Hello

I was reading this post, Do you have a code for Roka?

PM Sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a test swim Saturday in Chattanooga in the skin. The suit was nice, felt good in the water and definitely faster than nothing, but I'm gonna have to make sure to really lube up the top of the zipper area, that could be a hot spot.

Decided to wear the wetsuit at the race, the water and air temp combo was definitely cool enough to justify it, although it started to get just a tiny bit warm by the end of the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Which ROKA swimskin? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still haven't been able to get in the water with mine. Hopefully one day this week.

Im trying to talk myself out of buying a new wetsuit for Raleigh just in case it turns out to be a wetsuit swim. My ass is too fat for my old one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wondering if you or Bryan have used yours yet.

I've used mine 4 or 5 times and really like it. After all the fit talk, the large is actually a little too big, the upper fits snug and likely couldn't go any smaller as I have a long torso, and it's comfortable in the water. Waist down it's a little bit looser, it's not snug on my thighs. I never got the oh-my-god-its-tight feeling some others did. It's no tighter that my wetsut.

But been using it for our ocean swims for 3 weeks now and it's the freedom of no wetsuit with a little bit of the speed. And the post swim care is so much easier than lugging a wetsuit around!

I'd like to try a Medium/Tall at some point to see how tight that is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Wondering if you or Bryan have used yours yet.

I've used mine 4 or 5 times and really like it. After all the fit talk, the large is actually a little too big, the upper fits snug and likely couldn't go any smaller as I have a long torso, and it's comfortable in the water. Waist down it's a little bit looser, it's not snug on my thighs. I never got the oh-my-god-its-tight feeling some others did. It's no tighter that my wetsut.

But been using it for our ocean swims for 3 weeks now and it's the freedom of no wetsuit with a little bit of the speed. And the post swim care is so much easier than lugging a wetsuit around!

I'd like to try a Medium/Tall at some point to see how tight that is.
Ive only used my suit once, in Raleigh 70.3. Never had a practice swim in it. Even though I had a terrible swim, the suit felt great. I got the xl, I was right on the border line of the sizing chart. The legs could have been a little tighter. Or I could have just lost some weight and fit into the large!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used mine 3 times now. The first time was an open water swim, then at Ironman 70.3 Raleigh, and finally at a sprint race. The Large Viper Pro fits me perfectly.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Which ROKA swimskin? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the Roka Viper...5'9"...race at 162-165...again, one of those "border" weights on the size chart. Anyone my size that owns a Roka and can comment? or anyone that is taller/near weight, etc;...would also consider another model if it is $$$ right and fits. tks
Quote Reply
Re: Which ROKA swimskin? [gammy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can get the BS PZ4TX for 15% off, right now. I was between ROKA sizes (moot point, anyways.....as they were sold out of both sizes I was between....lol). BS had one that fit perfectly. Their size chart was accurate (in my case).
Quote Reply
Re: Which ROKA swimskin? [gammy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sent PM as well, but to add, if you are confident in the water I'm in favor of more snug over looser
Quote Reply

Prev Next