Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stockholm Sweden Training
Quote | Reply
So I will be in Stockholm (staying at Motel L) from May 15 through May 27. Would like to get some swimming in. I found the Eriksdalsbadet which looks like it is 1.1 km from where I am staying. Is this a good place to swim? Do they have a Masters group? Looks like they also have spin classes. I think I can figure out the run part on my own but any pointers, suggestions or comments are always welcome.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Stockholm Sweden Training [Tell3131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice that your visiting Stockholm!

Eriksdalsbadet is the best swim center in Stockholm (and the only big/proper one close to the city center). They have master classes although i am not sure how easy/what the procedure is to join as a visitor. I suggest you email and ask.

As you mentioned they also have a gym for weights and spin classes.

Regarding running some nice routes are 1) around Södermalm, just follow the water 2) around årstaviken (skanstullsbron and liljeholmsbron) 3) Hellasgården 4) Djurgården 5) around Kungsholmen, just follow the water
Quote Reply
Re: Stockholm Sweden Training [swedester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be in Stockholm for a day, staying in the middle of town. Is it possible to swim in Lake Mälaren (with a wetsuit)? I've read that it is open for swimming but am curious where that happens. Is it anywhere close to the City Hall? It looks like the WTS race started from there.
Quote Reply
Re: Stockholm Sweden Training [writhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't swim there, if you want open water close to the city center, I swim at källhagens brygga which is quite okay. It is on Djurgården, and there is little boat traffic, however it you can't swim too far until you have to turn so it's kind of like OW laps. If you want a better, longer swim you have hellasgården, but that is a bit outside the center

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Stockholm Sweden Training [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
I wouldn't swim there, if you want open water close to the city center, I swim at källhagens brygga which is quite okay. It is on Djurgården, and there is little boat traffic, however it you can't swim too far until you have to turn so it's kind of like OW laps. If you want a better, longer swim you have hellasgården, but that is a bit outside the center

Hey, thanks! I also heard you can swim around Langholmen. Is that a good place, too?
Quote Reply
Re: Stockholm Sweden Training [writhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
writhe wrote:
oscaro wrote:

Hey, thanks! I also heard you can swim around Langholmen. Is that a good place, too?

I haven't swam there, but it should be okay! Just stay fairly close to the shore. Should be nice and chilly in the water anyhow!

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Last edited by: oscaro: Sep 1, 17 7:39
Quote Reply