Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Breathe right strips while running?
Quote | Reply
So I broke my nose about 5 years ago and had surgery to reset the bone but ever since then I have had issues breathing properly through my nostrils. Always feels like I am not getting enough oxygen. Has anyone ever used breathe right strips while running to help open up their nose?
Quote Reply
Re: Breathe right strips while running? [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
So I broke my nose about 5 years ago and had surgery to reset the bone but ever since then I have had issues breathing properly through my nostrils. Always feels like I am not getting enough oxygen. Has anyone ever used breathe right strips while running to help open up their nose?

I use them during allergy season when I can't breathe and love them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. My brother and I both used them in our BQ runs. In my case, for essentially the same reason as you. I can't say for sure whether the impact was physical or psychological, but it certainly felt like my breathing was less restrictive.

If one doesn't do the trick, (e.g. It doesn't hold) try two parallel strips or you may want to experiment with the stronger Breathright Extra.

Clean the bridge of your nose with alcohol for good adhesion.

"If everything seems in control, you aren't going fast enough" -- Mario Andretti
Quote Reply
Re: Breathe right strips while running? [etapaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the responses guys. I am going to try them out tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Breathe right strips while running? [HoustonAg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use them during allergy season when I can't breathe and love them.

Interesting. I've used them a few times in running races as it helps me when taking fluids, but I always sneeze like crazy in the afternoon following the race. I'm guessing it was breathing more pollen/whatever up my nose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My nose is wack. I just breath through my mouth. Am I missing much?
Quote Reply
Re: Breathe right strips while running? [copperman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
copperman wrote:
My nose is wack. I just breath through my mouth. Am I missing much?

Try them (no harm done if you don't like them).

I find them useful for races.

This guy swears by them:

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Broken nose/ allergies guy here. Swear by them for speed work and races - extra strength, generic is fine.

I figure running without is basically altitude training. Probably will turn me into a 30:30 10k guy.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply