Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BIKE CARBON OR TI
Quote | Reply
From reading this site corbon sounds like bike frame to go with. What about Ti or ALM WITH CARBON SEAT STAYS?

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: BIKE CARBON OR TI [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carbon mix frames are the greatest marketing scam ever pulled on the public. Notice how Litespeed got rid of the scam.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get steel. Steel is real. IF is doing a beautiful Reynolds 953, along with a few other makers. Steel is still the benchmark for ride quality and durability.

Bottom line: carbon is generally cheap, taiwanese crap. Get steel, it is getting even better than it was.

Call me Big Dick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
From reading this site corbon sounds like bike frame to go with. What about Ti or ALM WITH CARBON SEAT STAYS?

It's whatever your ass and arms like... I have carbon and ti bikes and it's an apples and oranges thing... different but not necessarily better.

I'm not too fond of the bonded carbon stays to metal frames. Maybe I'm old-fashioned.
Quote Reply
Re: BIKE CARBON OR TI [Ima Jerkov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You said "generally" cheap, Taiwanese crap, but I don't like what that implies. Giant is Taiwanese and they're a leader in carbon. I've ridden a carbon TCR and owned two carbon Look bikes. The TCR kicked the Looks' asses around the block and back.

Good design and craftsmanship can come from anywhere. It's silly to dismiss something because of point of manufacture.
Quote Reply
Re: BIKE CARBON OR TI [Mookie1986] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ever seen a Giant sawed apart with a band saw? Didn't think so...

A truly nice carbon bike is a Trek OCLV. It has carbon, rather than BONDO in key stress areas.

Giant does nice aluminium bikes.

Many Look bikes are probably not French, from what I understand...

Call me Big Dick
Last edited by: Ima Jerkov: Oct 29, 05 3:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to agree with the comment
Quote:
Have a Ti tri bike and carbon road bike both are nice rides, ie not harsh. Having said that I have also ridden Cannondales tri bike on a few 100+ milers and have to say it was comfortable and not a harsh riding aluminum bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have 3 Ti bikes. Also had a Softride. Loved them all. Kept the Ti's no regrets.

fal7 in Houston
Quote Reply
Re: BIKE CARBON OR TI [Ima Jerkov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next time I am in a bike shop I will be sure to bring my band saw and starting chopping them up, sure beats a test ride in the car park.
Quote Reply