Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Opinions on Oval Concepts A900 Fork
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have thoughts about the Oval Concepts A900 Aero Fork? What is the difference between the Oval Concepts Fork and the new fork made by Blackwell research? Does anyone significantly like these forks more than the Reyonlds or Easton? Thanks in advance.

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on Oval Concepts A900 Fork [robthompson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one (currently for sale w/frame) that I really liked. I rode on it for a seaon. It was comfortable, looks cool as hell, and is supposed to be much more aero. Can't say I was any faster because of the fork, but maybe I was. I don't do PT tests with each new piece of gear. The only reason I'm selling it is because my new bike will have 700c wheels and won't fit too well in a fork designed for 650c!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of the fork data is published free on BikeTechReview. The latest set of data is pay ($15.95, I believe). The free data says the Oval 900 is tied for fastest with the non-UCI (and maybe not even made anymore) Reynolds Ouzo Aero. Blackwell and Easton forks are not covered in the free data. Easton fork is covered in the pay review, not sure about the Blackwell.

Bottom line, it is a fast fork.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on Oval Concepts A900 Fork [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<Bottom line, it is a fast fork. >>

What he said....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its snazzy, but it doesn't belong on all frames.

There are certain frames it will work on, and there are some it won't.

Just depends on the style.
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on Oval Concepts A900 Fork [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean stylistically, I presume...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. Rob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.......and rake wise. Always check fork rake and frame angle. It's hard to look stylish if you run your bike off the road.
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on Oval Concepts A900 Fork [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's true. Forks are not always a "plug-n-play" item. A bike designed for one fork cannot always have another fork swapped in. The Reynolds and Easton forks are like this. The crown height (I think that is the right term -- basically the distance from the brake mounting hole, which is a standard position, to where the steerer tube starts) is about 1cm different on those, meaning you can quite significantly affect your geometry if you trade one for the other.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't speak about the A900 except to say that I'll definitely be setting up my Tri bike with one.

I have the R900 (road version of the same fork) on my current bike and it's awesome. Fast, much smoother than the stock fork and it attracts a lot of attention. Love it.
Quote Reply