Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CT Basic functions... or go 3d
Quote | Reply
I have a CT... it sits awaiting for rainy days (and for me to train again). I know how to use the basic ergometer mode, but haven't bothered w/ any of the 3d or Coaching Software stuff.

1) How can I tell if my PC has enough juice to run it? Yeah, I see Racer Mate's list o' requirements. They want a Pentium II and a video card w/ 16MB DirectX 7.0. I have a Celeron 1Ghz, 3d AGP Graphics (no clue about how many MB). Good enough?

2) Do you guys really use that 3d and/or coaching stuff?

3) If I need a better PC (this one is aged anyway), how the heck will I move my packed HD over to the new one????!!!!

Thanks for your computer geekness!

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: CT Basic functions... or go 3d [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Your machine is likely just fine.

2. I often use the 3d when I'm doing long rides. It helps to have the pacer. I'd like to get the coaching software but I can't afford it.

3. Use your current machine for the computrainer and buy a 2k machine for your computer/tivo so you have something to watch during those 3 plus hour rides.

John
Quote Reply
Re: CT Basic functions... or go 3d [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your PC should be able to handle it. I have an old Pentium machine with and old STP video card that can handle it.

I like the coaching software (even the preview version you should have). The SpinScan and Manual Erg modes are great for intervals and whatnot. It at least gives you something to look at while riding. Programming Erg sessions is a bit tricky, but is great for intervals. I hear the Erg+ software (3rd party) is great for that.

I'll use the 3D software for longer rides, or doing motorpacing behind the pacer. Trying to stay in the sweet spot of the draft zone gives you something to concentrate on and makes the time go faster.
Quote Reply
Re: CT Basic functions... or go 3d [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I like the coaching software (even the preview version you should have). The SpinScan and Manual Erg modes are great for intervals and whatnot. It at least gives you something to look at while riding. Programming Erg sessions is a bit tricky, but is great for intervals. I hear the Erg+ software (3rd party) is great for that.
Sounds like my PC can handle it. I think I still need a separate PC, though, as I want to use the CT in the garage. So... that means new PC for the house. Gotta be a massive headache to reload everything and transfer all those files, etc., over to the new PC. I'm dreading the idea already. I wonder if I'll have to buy Cycling Peaks all over again, too?

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply