Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training and Living In Kansas City
Quote | Reply
I lived in a suburb of Kansas City when I was younger for 3.5 years and loved it. Well over 10 years later, I am getting out of school and might have the ability to go back there and work. What are the cycling, running, and training like there? I would imagine pretty good since the city isn't cramped but does anyone have personal experience? Thanks

Brent
Quote Reply
Re: Training and Living In Kansas City [Runningwithsax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it is great. Plenty of places to get out in the country and ride and there are great running trails in the burb areas. Most people are kind to cyclist and runners in the area, but as with every place there are some idiots. I don't belong to either one, but there are a couple of tri clubs in the area. There are some nice races here and if you want to go race on east coast or west coast you are right in between.
Quote Reply
Re: Training and Living In Kansas City [Runningwithsax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know there are some bike/running trials around the Shawnee-Mission Parkway area. I wasn't into triathlon at that time, but I ran with a buddy that was training for para-rescue. There are A LOT of good rolling hills over in the 75th St area (Overland park).

I agree with the previous poster. It doesn't take much to "get out of town" and enjoy the freedomand low-traffic of some country roads.

Whether cars are friendly or not toward cyclists doesn't always matter, if you ride in high-traffic areas where people have a lot of "other" stuff to look out for (pedestrians, lights, signs, etc), the chances or you getting plunked increase.

I miss KC. A nice big city that has everything (within reason), yet has a small-town friendly charm to it. It should be rather "tri-friendly" due to the half-max races (and [cancelled] championships).

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply