Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Illogical Cervelo 2006 lineup and pricing ??? [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Better than the Carbon Solist?[/reply]

Well, if lightweight without sacrificing stiffness or safety is the goal. Obviously, it is very difficult to design any race course on which the Soloist Carbon is not the fastest frame with many other nice attributes as wel (or as Bicycling magazine commented after their test of the SLC: "Light, stiff, lively, aerodynamic, and comfortable". So what else could you wish for)

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Illogical Cervelo 2006 lineup and pricing ??? [fbrissette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply] Quite strangely, the bike (true also for many of the 2006 bikes) is equiped with the FSA front derailler made to handle large steps in chainrings. But they don't sell it with a compact crank.
[/reply]

I found that interesting too. We asked customers, prospective customers and dealers, and all told us overwhelmingly they didn't want compact cranks on the bike. I was as surprised as you, I love carbon cranks. but if by and large people don't want to buy them and don't want to sell them, I have to put my personal preferences aside.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you like the engineering behind the R2.5, you will love the engineering behind the R3. Not that that should dissuade you from getting a Soloist Alu and saving some money, but I think you will appreciate the design. Oh, and as you probably know, Martin Swiss is on board.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Illogical Cervelo 2006 lineup and pricing ??? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As for the carbon bikes, it goes from an R2.5 with Chorus for $3100 to an R3 with Ultegra for $3700.

The R2.5 with chorus is 2005. I was under the impression it was impossible to get anymore. My beef is really about the impossibility of gettingthe R2.5 in ultegra. Only in DuraAce at 4000$.

I have no problems with the pricing of the R3. Why not simply offer a 2006 Ultegra R2.5 at the same price point of the 2005 R2.5 Chorus ?

This would easily fill the strange price gap in your lineup.

I am not sure I want to look at the R3 too closely in case I might get tempted...

Francois
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

Will the seatpost from last year's Soloist team and this year's Soloist Carbon finally become available as an aftermarket item?
I would like a replacement for the stock post on my P3SL without the reversable head.

Quote | Reply
Yes.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the motion to make the one-position carbon post available to the rest of us.

Also, at the $3000 price point I can't imagine not wanting to spec my own parts - that's part of the beauty of the Soloist Carbon, no? For that much money I'll find a shop that will build what I want at a price I can stomach. And it should be right about 3k to build a Soloist frameset with Chorus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry if this has already been asked but what is the difference between the two top Carbon Soloists, beside the extra $600?

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, and as you probably know, Martin Swiss is on board.

Amen to that !

Francois in Montreal

He's already sold 4-5 bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Illogical Cervelo 2006 lineup and pricing ??? [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
one is DA 10 ie the $5000 and the $4400 is Ultegra 10

Trizilla...My local bike shop a few thousand Ks away

Speed Hurts ...How fast do you want to go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How come you're not going with any campy? I have a 2005 soloist with centaur and I think it's really great.

Any reason for dumping campy?

Just curious

</*I'm not slow, I'm a better than average Clydesdale*\>
Quote Reply
Re: Illogical Cervelo 2006 lineup and pricing ??? [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
see post 11 "The $4400 is with ultegra"
Quote Reply
Re: Illogical Cervelo 2006 lineup and pricing ??? [Target74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're not dumping campy, any of our dealers will gladly build up a frameset with it. for us here, it was more inventory trouble than we needed.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply

Prev Next