Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Are you a triathlon lifer? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Started doing tris 3 years ago. Transitioned to bike racing this year. Just found single speed mountain biking about a month ago. I believe another change is in the mail.

Never intended it that way, it's just the way it turned out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Things look different when your 20, 30, 40, etc. A friend pointed out to me that I had only one more age group category left in the Lake Geneva triathlon - 60 and over. That is a very sobering thought. It conjures up an ugly sight of some sixty+ year old in a speedo competing with the youngsters. Of course, I still look studly in mine :) So, if you think you are going to be a triathlon lifer, conjure up an image of your wrinkled old ass in that speedo and give some thought to golf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If not a "lifer" than certainily a triathlete until my body completely breaks down...which seems to be where things are headed. Two knee scopes, one shoulder operations, one shouder shot up with cortisome, one foot also shot up...and now one hip that has the life expectancy of a mayfly. But until the titanium hip gets put in...gonna keep toeing the line. Next top: IMF. But, shit, it hurts!
Quote Reply

Prev Next