Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Arctic Triple triathlon in Lofoton, Norway. Above the Arctic circle
Quote | Reply
Lofoten is one beautiful place. Wild and with constantly changing weather. It is the perfect place for a unique triathlon experience.
Check out the video and map here
http://www.thearctictriple.no/lofoten-triathlon/
Quote Reply
Re: The Arctic Triple triathlon in Lofoton, Norway. Above the Arctic circle [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone done this one? Just watched the video and it looks amazing. A bucket list race for sure. We live in a cold mountain climate so this would really suit us. My only concern is the swim looks a wee bit too cold.

Would love to hear about your experience in this race!

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: The Arctic Triple triathlon in Lofoton, Norway. Above the Arctic circle [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70Trigirl wrote:
Has anyone done this one? Just watched the video and it looks amazing. A bucket list race for sure. We live in a cold mountain climate so this would really suit us. My only concern is the swim looks a wee bit too cold.

Would love to hear about your experience in this race!

A friend of mine has raced it. Use Google translate on his race report https://triallan.com/...oten-triathlon-2017/
Quote Reply
Re: The Arctic Triple triathlon in Lofoton, Norway. Above the Arctic circle [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone race this recently or the past few years (realize it didn't happen in 2020)? Did you love it? Looks so amazing and a unique race experience

I've been looking at this race for years but kept postponing due to 4 attempts at chasing Kona. (came close a couple times). I think I'm ready to move on from Ironman, WTC, the full distance racing...and now with only 26 slots per race, that's the last straw. And who knows when and if Kona can/will happen with the pandemic. I'm ready to do shorter distances and try other special races that are not IM branded. I'm tired of pouring all my race money into a big corporation that cares more about profits than it's athletes.

I would love to do the half distance with the trail race up a beautiful mountain. And I'm no longer afraid of the cold swim with my thermal wetsuit and gear.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Last edited by: Triingtotrain: Aug 24, 21 8:24
Quote Reply
Re: The Arctic Triple triathlon in Lofoton, Norway. Above the Arctic circle [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks AMAZING.
Love the triple challenge too.
Quote Reply